BBC SPONSOR

I'm really impressed with the 921 PHX (Walkthru Video)

I know I'm a dealer and with that there is always a grain a salt taken. However, those of you who have bought boats from us know, that I'm not an easy one to impress, and I spend a ton of seat time in a boat. Very rarely does a hull come around that really impresses me, this 921 PHX is an exception. I've been running one with a 250 SHO, and I'm blown away of how this boat does in rough seas. So far I have been in 1-2 foot chop which the boat absolutely eats up, the big length spans the top of the waves and really stays on top well. Where I was really impressed was the slow speed 15-25 MPH handling in 4-5 footers, the boat maintains a great attitude in the big waves and easily maneuvers in the rollers. I fish alot on Erie and Kentucky Lake, and even our local River can get nasty, my past favorite rigs were the big Skeeter I Class hulls. What is cool about this boat is, it still feels like a 920 or 721 when your on flat water, and on the trolling motor it floats shallow and handles like a 19 footer in regards to cutting around stumps, docks etc. Only thing I was taken back by at first was how high the gunnells were, not really any higher than a 920, but the big deck gives you the illusion that they are a mile high. I did not like the first time I fished out of it with the high gunnels, but after a couple of days I did not even notice they were there...In fact, I had about a 3 pounder I boat flipped come off, the higher gunnell kept it from going overboard, which is something I never thought of!!! Anyway watch my review of the 921 on land anyway, and I hope to post some on the water video soon!!!

Last edited by Muddbugg; 02-17-2017 at 08:20 PM.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Sweet!!! Nice boat....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

That thing is a beast!

4. Member
    I'm excited for the on the water video. Great walkthrough as always.

5. Member
    I wish my 721 would have came with the PVC board dividers in the large center compartment similar to this. What a beautiful boat!

Quote Originally Posted by dks300 View Post
    I wish my 721 would have came with the PVC board dividers in the large center compartment similar to this. What a beautiful boat!
    a few guys have built out their xp models with similar pvc setups. There was a thread about front center storage compartment where you could get some great ideas if you can find it. I'll see if I can dig it up too.
    2017 - Phoenix 919 / 225hp Pro Xs

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassboater101 View Post
    a few guys have built out their xp models with similar pvc setups. There was a thread about front center storage compartment where you could get some great ideas if you can find it. I'll see if I can dig it up too.
    im gonna look into it!