03 21XDC with 250 XS

Looking at a used 21XDC, never rode in a bullet, been in almost all other bass boats, really like the look of this boat. Any problems with this year or motor? What kind of speed am I looking at? Ball park, I don't know prop size, p to p, or set back. Looks like a 4 blade trophy and maybe 10" hydro jack plate. Just wondering what this boat is capable of with speed, handling, and fish ability. Thanks guys.

2. Member
    Jackplate should be 12-14"

3. Member
    It should run 82-86 depending on load, conditions, etc. Speed will also depend on the lower unit it has on it, whether it's a TM or Sportsmaster. I believe that boat would run better with a 12"-14" as stated above. I think you'll love the boat as far as fishability, rough water ride(it's actually a 21'-10" boat) and overall performance. As far as I'm aware the early model Merc 250 XS motors were really strong runners too. Not sure if that trophy is the best prop for that boat as they are known for losing blades when runing high and the P2P I'd think would be like 1" bp or 1/2". I'm sure some the bullet owners will be along to give you more accurate info! Good luck.

21 rides and fishes great. Loaded 80-83 depending on...yda yda yda.... Good luck with the purchase.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

My 2003 21XDC has been a great boat. I am still happy with it after all these years. Unlike my last few boats. Finally a boat that still puts a smile on my face after 14 years.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    I had a 2004, loved it traded it for a new 2016 RDC and got a 300XS, had a 2005 250XS on the 2004 great boat

7. Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys, hopefully going to pick it up next week. We don't have any bullets in our tournament circuit here, I was just concerned why? If it's an 80 mph boat loaded, no one will touch me in our circuit that's for sure! I'll let you guys no some numbers when I get it out, with lots of practice of coarse. Good luck out there.

Youll outrun all those 85mph cookie cutters with that plus have a better platform for ride and fishability and burn less gas and look better doing it.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Youll outrun all those 85mph cookie cutters with that plus have a better platform for ride and fishability and burn less gas and look better doing it.
    +1!!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

10. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Have one buddy with an 03 21xdc another buddy with an 04 21xdc and i have an 05 21xdc. GREAT fishing platforms and fast but really great in rough water, in fact i think the 21 is one of the best boats in rough water i have ever been in, and that was before o bought mine. I was that impressed. i just walked outside to check on my batteries charge and while out there, with 3' of snow, it still puts a smile on my face. You're gonna love it! Congrats!
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

11. Member
    You are gonna love it, When I set out to buy a bullet I heard a lot of negative things, rough ride, doesn't fish well and etc. I found that most have never actually been in one or in some cases, even seen one up close (only ever saw one other bullet in my area) and they were way wrong. I have 3 buddies with rangers and they do not compare in any way to a bullet, ride, handling or fishability.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

12. Member
    +2 to alli the 21 10" boats are by far the best fast fishing boats out ther, I won't own anything else!!! That's why I'm on number three!!!