Basshawk Restore
    89 Basshawk 181Xl
    91 Jonhson 175 Fast Strike

2. Member
    I know a little a about them.

Steven Eversole, KY
    BLAZER 202 PRO V / MARINER 225 SUPER MAG

3. Banned
    Originally built in Olive Hill, KY. In 1985, company sold to Mike Kendrick from GA, whose dad owned a huge construction company in GA (hence where the $ came from). Mike didn't know anything about the boat building biz but he retained the services of a couple of the guys that worked in Olive Hill to build them. Moved the company to an old furniture manufacturing building in Northwest GA. The biggest boat in the lineup was a 17.5 footer. They added the 18 ft and 19.5 ft boats. Chopper gun construction. Heavy boats that were good in rough water but speed was not an option. Mike was never able to really establish a dealer network due to not being able to gain enough bank backing to offer floorplans for dealers. He started selling them straight from the factory and eventually folded. All happened in a matter of a few years. The molds are still in the old building in NW GA and are for sale along with the chopper gun equipment.

4. Member
    Who has them for sale. Mike

Steven Eversole, KY

5. Banned
    Not sure. Probably whomever owns the building now. The person who owned the building at the time Kendrick basically just walked away from the biz decided to try and build and sell boats but under a different name. He was a local business person...who again knew nothing about boats. I think they were called Liberty boats. I remember seeing it in the newspaper and laughing about it because l knew the old guy and l knew he didn't have a clue what he was getting into.

6. Member
    ive got one that was "dumped" on me after owner ran out of money.i believe its an 86'-17.5ft?it needs a floor and well,everything.i cant bring myself to take it to the dump,the hull itself is stilll in good condition.ive got a nasty x-flow motor that would be a hoot on this little boat!
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    They are actually a good handling boat. I loved mine.

Steven Eversole, KY

8. Member
    Had a 84-- 17.5 that I wish I would have kept. Fun boat. The man I sold it to still has it and wont sell it. The only boat that I have had that almost felt it had brakes on it, when you trim in while on pad. Had several people ask if it had brakes.

lol
    I love mine, just wish I had more spare money and time.
    Basshawk Restore
    89 Basshawk 181Xl
    91 Jonhson 175 Fast Strike

10. Member
    I drew a guy in a federation tournament in the 80's that had one. He was from western nc. I remember it being a real nice boat and it seemed pretty fast for what it was.