Annual service for Mercury 115hp 4 stroke

Got my annual service completed for my 2016 Mercury 115 hp 4 stroke today. I put 59.1 hours on my boat. 21 hours idling and 12 hours at 5299 rpm to 6000 and the rest of the time in the middle RPM ranges. They changed out the fuel filter, oil filter, lower unit oil, greased all moving parts, purged my hydraulic fluid in the steering and jack plate and refilled, fixed the speedometer gauge, and replaced the seals. All for $209. They gave me a print out of all of the alarms (3) when I forgot to disconnect the kill switch lanyard from my life jacket. One thing that really stood out is my factory Faria tachometer is off by 275 RPM. At WOT, I run the tach up to 6000. Never had the alarm go off. The computer print out shoes I never went over 5750 rpm. I'm going to get a digital tachometer as soon as possible. I'm real pleased with the performance of the motor, but now I'm also wondering if I can improve the performance with different pitched props.
    2019 Skeeter ZX225

2. Member
    Smart craft gauge is an amazing option if you can swing it. It's great and give you more info than I know what to do with.

3. Member
    Thats a great price considering the oil change kit alone is about 60.00. I did mine at the 20 hour point and will do it again in a year. I'm not thinking I'll have over 100 hours in a year. Tracking for 60 right now, but that's through the winter. Most the printouts look like a bell curve. People don't run true WOT as much as they think. My last several big boats I was averaging 2 hours per 100 at WOT. KY Lake will tame ya LOL.

You should be good for another year or 100 hours. I concur on the S.C. I have the SC1000 tach.