Thread: 24 Tempest Plus

24 Tempest Plus

Currently have a 23 Tempest Plus but thought the 24p would get me a little more top end that I'm wanting....can get 60.1 mph@ 5500rpm on gps now..was hoping the 24p would get me about 63-65mph....would anyone want to swap props?

2. Member
    I have one I may be interested in trading depending on condition

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KJW83 View Post
    Currently have a 23 Tempest Plus but thought the 24p would get me a little more top end that I'm wanting....can get 60.1 mph@ 5500rpm on gps now..was hoping the 24p would get me about 63-65mph....would anyone want to swap props?
    If you go to a higher pitch prop, then the RPM'S will be lower, and your already low on RPM'S, which is not good for the motor.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    If you go to a higher pitch prop, then the RPM'S will be lower, and your already low on RPM'S, which is not good for the motor.
    yes this is true but I have some room to play with on the jack plate.

5. Member
    would not let that 23 go till you run a 24 and raise it up /what mtr and boat ?????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    What boat and motor and are the rpm's loaded or light?

7. Member
    2008 Procraft 186 Pro with a 2010 Mercury Optimax 150.....not Pro XS..... rpms are full tank of fuel and a fairly light load of gear...compared to some guys

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    What boat and motor and are the rpm's loaded or light?
    2008 Procraft 186 Pro 2010 Mercury Optimax 150 not Pro XS......full tank of gas and a fairly light load of gear compared to some guys

9. Member
    Stick with the 23" like JOE54 said and have it B&B for more speed maybe. The 24" will kill your rpm's on that combo and you won't gain any speed.

10. Member
    Stick with the 23" like JOE54 said and have it B&B for more speed maybe. The 24" will kill your rpm's on that combo and you won't gain any speed.

Excuse my ignorance but what is b&b?

11. Banned
    Blue print and balanced, all props work better having it done.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Blue print and balanced, all props work better having it done.
    Is this very expensive? What is the usual turn around time?

13. Banned
    Croxton is the fastest from what I read, couple days in shipping, worked and couple days shipped back. Not cheap, nothing is anymore; but it will be better than a new prop (and cheaper). Prices are on his site, marks props

New props are notorious for being unbalanced with blades having different sizes and pitches. Sad that a new prop isn't right.

14. Member
    $215 plus shipping for a B&B. If you normally fish alone I wouldn't do it but if you are going to carry another person and gear you might want to do it.

15. Member
    $215 plus shipping for a B&B. If you normally fish alone I wouldn't do it but if you are going to carry another person and gear you might want to do it.
    That's not too bad...according to Marks Props website blue printing is $220 and balancing is $65 plus shipping.....i fish by myself 90% of the time.....hoping I can get a few more mph out of this prop. I've got a little bit a play room on the jack plate and plenty of room on the water psi.

16. Member
    $220 will be blue printed and that includes balanced. That $65 is balanced only. Try raising it up a 1/4" at a time and see what it does but watch your water pressure. You'll need to be banging the limiter before a 24" will do you any good.

All correct here you will Lose about 3 to 4 mph going to a 24... take your 23 and have Mark cup it and take a degree of pitch out.. I have a Z7 with a proxs 150 my cupped 23 tempest taken to a 22 gained my rpms to 5500 and got me from 58 to 60 mph and I have a 12' talon hanging off the back.

18. Member
    These guys are giving you some good advice. Send your prop to Mark and you will be saving money versus buying another prop. You are already too low on rpm's and the 24 will make it worse. Your hole shot will be terrible and you will lose speed.