Lucas M

BBC Sponsors Wanted to Help with Feed My Starving Children Fundraiser Tourney

Hello all BBC members! I wanted to reach out to everyone about an event that I am putting on for the second year. It is called the Big Bass Wanted Tournament held on Lake Waconia in Minnesota. This event is held to raise money for Feed My Starving Children (FMSC). If you have not heard of FMSC, they are a non profit organization that packs nutritious protein rich meals for children in need all over the world. They are based solely off donations to buy the ingredients needed for the meal packs, and are based on volunteers to come and help pack the meals to ship all over the world. You can see more info here: www.fmsc.org

My tournament is held to help buy the ingredients and help run the permanent sites. Last year for the first annual Big Bass Wanted Tournament, we had 24 boats participate and about 40 anglers. At the end of the day, we were able to raise $7,000 for FMSC. To put that in perspective, the $7,000 will be used to pack 30,000 meals for hungry children who are in need.

It was absolutely amazing to see the generosity of everyone who donated, participated, and helped organize the event. It really opened my eyes to see the kindness and dedication that people are willing to give to help support such a great cause and organization. Now in year 2 of the Big Bass Wanted Tournament, I have set the goal to $10,000. I am hoping to reach 40 boaters and about 70 anglers. I know it is a lofty goal, but I know it is achievable with hard work.

I would like to reach out to BBC sponsors and members for any help or support you can offer to help run and sponsor this event. Last year, we were able to use 100% of the entry fees towards the $5,000 goal because of the amount of cash and prizes that were donated for the winners. This really helped to surpass our goal, and make the anglers wanting to come back due to the great prize packages. If you are able to help donate prizes to this event, it would be greatly appreciated. Anything from baits, to rods, reels, gear, etc would help so much. I want to see this event grow annually, and to make that happen, I know I will need to depend on the generosity of others, and work hard to establish this event. I have such a passion for bass fishing, as we all do, and I love putting in the work to run a tournament like this to help others in need.

If you have any interest in helping with this event, please PM me, or email me at bigbasswanted4fmsc@gmail.com
    You can also visit https://sites.google.com/view/bigbasswanted4fmsc/home to see what kind of tournament it is, see the rules, and the pictures from the 2016 event (website is still in progress). It is a big bass style tournament with multiple weigh-ins and multiple winners. Last year, we had over $1500 in cash and prizes.

Please let me know if you would like any additional information, or if you have any questions. I can send you a donation receipt if wanted for your records as well. Thank you for reading through this long post, but I want to make sure to give enough detail regarding this tournament, and to show how much it means to me, and even more, means to the children who will be receiving these meals. Let us as anglers of this great sport take time and what we were blessed with to help children worldwide.

Thank you all so much, and God bless.
    Lucas Mueller

2. Lucas M
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Lucas M
    Please disregard the above attachment/flyer. It is out of date and have made changes since. PM me for any additional info needed!

4. Lucas M
    Just want to bump this up, I know its long, but its such a good cause. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks all!

5. Lucas M
    This is harder than I thought!
    Still frozen ponds here in MN! Come on 60s!

6. Member
    Lucas is a great guy with a passion for this cause. I was paired with him in the Mn Bass State Tournament last fall and had a great day on the water. I hope we can all help him reach his goal and make this tournament really great.

7. Lucas M
    A change to this event! It will now be held on September 30th due to the AOY up on Mille Lacs on the same day. Please PM me if you can help in any way!
    Thanks BBC!

8. Lucas M
    https://sites.google.com/view/bigbasswanted4fmsc/home

check out the website for more details and pictures!