Viewing Side view recording in homeport

I just made some recordings of side view and tried to view them in homeport to no avail. I am running windows 10 wit homeport version 2.2.10. The only thing I see is the black background the depth range and the play back scroll button. Any Help, is there any fix?
    Thank You,
    Shelfish

2. Member
    Homeport playback is hit and miss with windows 10 - mostly miss.

From what I can tell, you need a fairly hi end system for it to even begin to work. When it does work, sideview is still messed up on the scaling.

So far, Garmin software guys dont seem to care.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    Sonartrx works really well but you have to pay for it.

http://www.sonartrx.com/web/
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

4. Member
    shelfish, I tried sv in Homeport with very little success. Using an older version Windows. I could only see very limited bottom based on the depth I STARTED recording in. Many, many phone calls and expert advice from the people on here that are in-the-know, and basically it is a design flaw that engineering sees no attempt at fixing forthcoming. I guess the guys that built it never envisioned it being used as such. Homeport works really cool for the 2d and dv. It is free. I was quite disappointed, but c'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfish View Post
    I just made some recordings of side view and tried to view them in homeport to no avail. I am running windows 10 wit homeport version 2.2.10. The only thing I see is the black background the depth range and the play back scroll button. Any Help, is there any fix?
    Thank You,
    Shelfish
    Update the software on your MFD. SideVu recordings from older software will be black, but recordings from current software will work.
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    By current you mean 3.80 or should I be able to see it on 3.70 recordings. Haven't been on to install last upgrade, still on 3.70. Will it work now as desired or still like the problem you tried to help me with last year? Thanks

7. Member
    Thanks Todd I will try that this weekend if I am lucky..

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    By current you mean 3.80 or should I be able to see it on 3.70 recordings. Haven't been on to install last upgrade, still on 3.70. Will it work now as desired or still like the problem you tried to help me with last year? Thanks
    Looks like 3.60 fixed the issue I am referring to.
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Yes, I remember the black screen issue and going from 3.40 to 3.60. I was hoping that the concern I had was addressed. I had been told that it was not on the horizon. Didn't cost anything to ask. Thanks as always

10. Member
    OK I updated to 3.8 and was able to view side view on my computer running windows 7. The Rang only went out to 36 foot or so. Not sure how to control that or if it even possible. I know that I was using 100 foot as the range, so still need to play with it. That being said, I was not very impressed with the image quality.

11. Member
    shelfish, you will NOT have an affect on that no matter what tinkering you do. How much bottom/structure you see to each side is partly dependant on the depth ion which you start recording. That is the design issue I referred to that I had many discussions with techs, Todd and others. Not on the horizon to be changed is what I was told. I was however, quite happy with the quality of the recordings I made--clarity, etc. I was still able to optimize things by playing with the settings on H'port. So I did get something from it, just nowhere near what I had hoped to be able to do.

12. Member
    TeeDee,
    If start in deeper water will I get a larger range? Shallower water smaller range?

13. Member
    shelfish, trying to remember exactly how it played out since I quit using that function. Believe the total 'range' is similar regardless, but if you start in shallow(er) water you will see more structure distance-wise than if you start deep(er). I was recording 40-50 ft per side, I only could view a portion of that wherever I started. The amount of range you select for recording is of no consequence, it's only going to play back a certain amount of date width-wise on the screen. If I were in 25 ft when I started recording at 50 ft perside I could see the water column and about 12-15 ft of structure to each side. Not at all what I had thought it would be when described. Several calls later, they told me it is a design flaw and would not be addressed. Best I can recall at moment. Wish it were different