Classic coming back to Hartwell!?

No big surprise...but this soon? I'm not sure how I feel about it. I loved attending the event, but as a fan I do like seeing them try different venues, I guess it being moved back a bit so its warmer will help. Im guessing I will be in the minority that feels this way, but at the end of the day we get the big tourney right at our doorsteps so it should be a good time regardless.
    Last edited by bpNClgmouth; 02-16-2017 at 04:03 PM.

2. Member
    Our winter has been so mild. It wouldn't surprise me if we had one our big march snow storms that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bpNClgmouth View Post
    No big surprise...but this soon? I'm not sure how I feel about it. I loved attending the event, but as a fan I do like seeing them try different venues, I guess it being moved back a bit so its warmer will help. Im guessing I will be in the minority that feels this way, but at the end of the day we get the big tourney right at our doorsteps so it should be a good time regardless.
    There are only a few venues that can support the Classic. Last I heard they required a 15,000 seat arena and a minimum 150,000 sq ft expo center. Those have to be "close" to some type of fishery. From there the various venues then bid for the business to come there as it generates a large amount of profit for the surrounding area. So you may have an ideal location, but if your govt agencies don't pony up, it's not even in consideration.

4. Member
    Im excited. It was my first one a few years back and really enjoyed it.
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    It sure brings a lot of tourism dollars into the upstate!

6. Member
    It's a money making event. Trust me they wouldn't be throwing all that money around if they don't get a good return on investment. I give Greenville and Anderson credit for being on the cutting edge of bring big fishing events to the upstate. It helps all of us that fish and the local government's are seeing how large of a following fishing has and how it can help with funding other projects. Can't remember the guys name that is from Anderson but was at a national event were he said they are going to be very pro active in bring a lot more National Tournaments to Green Pond. But don't forget the Forrest Wood Cup is on Murray this year so the midlands will also see a large following of fisherman too. We are very lucky to have great fishing and wide range of lakes within 1 to 2 hour drive.