really weird power problem!

I have a 1996 200 on my bass boat. I had it on the river on day and i would be running full throttle then it would start to jump around and it started to throw the warning buzzer. Then it would never do more then idle. Let it sit for a few minutes and bam running great again then repeats. Had my mechanic look at it and he found nothing wrong at all. It has a new water pump with a good stream. Ever since that day i havent had the buzzinf but it will run great and break plane first thing then once i let off the throttle it wont break plane again! But like i said nothing is found to be wrong. Im so confused anyone had this issue or similar? Oh also only does it in the water not on muffs.

Sounds like a bag or something got wrapped around the lower causing an overheat, which then limits rpm til it cools down. Bag (or whatever was causing the blockage, weeds, trash, etc) came off so its back to operating normally

Edit - just re-read and saw where its happening every trip, cant be a bag/blockage.

Maybe power pack overheating?... Hopefully Championman will be along shortly with a better idea
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    What LED you lighting up on your system Check gauge? Model # please?

4. Member
    Its too old doesnt have LED indicators. Im being told possibly thermostats? But if it were the thermostats wouldnt i be having the problem all the time or of it was clogged passage ways?

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    1996 is the first year for SYSTEM Check Not too old unless you don't have a 1996. Look at the motors wiring harness, if it has a big red plug it isn't a 1996 if it has 3 wire harnesses with square plugs it is a 96 and above.

6. Member
    Ok i apologize. Its a 1996 powerhead on a 1990 system. So it runs off the 1990 system i have the adapter harness for the plugs. Should have mentioned that so i apologize.