Need help locating a new hub for trailer

I have an 07 boat and trailer, dual axle with oil bath hubs. I fried a bearing/hub over the weekend and need to replace the entire assembly. I would not be opposed to a traditional grease set up; it's just that I don't know where to go?

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Here's the manual for your VAULT hubs (http://www.ufpnet.com/Portals/0/PDFs...aintenance.pdf). I've bought parts from The Trailer Parts Superstore (http://www.easternmarine.com/catalog...rand%5B%5D=320) and Trailer Parts Depot (http://www.trailerpartsdepot.com). Both give excellent service. You can talk to UFP and they can help you with part numbers. On your 07 dual axle, you should have 2.56" OD, 1.68" ID rear bearings/seals. If you need a brake hub, you should have DB-35 brakes. I have an 07 dual axle for a 210.

3. Member
    Tx Champ,
    Wow I don't know what to say except Thank You!
    Mine is an 07 200 Elite, also on a Tandem.

4. Member
    **Update**
    I am told that since the spindle is damaged and this is a welded unit there is not a replacement available.
    Rather I need a complete axle that includes brakes

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    That sux ... you can't get the axle without the brakes?

6. Member
    After talking the the "man" here locally (1.5 hours away) he tells me they have done many of these where they actually cut the old unit off and weld on a new one. On one hand this is significantly less money than a complete axle/brake system but on the other hand I have to ask myself about wheel alignment. The last thing I want is a newly welded replacement being off enough to give me tire wear at that location.
    Or am I beng paranoid?

7. Member
    It's no problem for a good fitter welder. That is exactly how I would fix mine if needed.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    It's no problem for a good fitter welder. That is exactly how I would fix mine if needed.

I agree with this. Just make sure your welder knows his stuff.
    GETFISHED !!!

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yep as Charlie says the fixit guy should be able to do the job easily. And you shouldn't worry about it unless the guy is a hack. Most welders have jigs to keep the axles and hubs straight and true. Surprised you couldn't get an axle with the brake bracket installed.

10. Member
    Before you go too far, talk to DABS (BBC name) about this, he works for UPF, give him the serial number from your axle and he can replace it. He sent me one for my 2008 trailer and it was very reasonable, I would say much cheaper than hiring someone to cut off the hub and weld a new one on. Now you will have to either replace the axle yourself (fairly easy) or pay someone to do it. You will have to get a new hub it sounds like but you should be able to bolt the brake caliper to the mounting bracket that will come on the new axle.