@delta_fisher

Which bearings to buy?

Recently I purchased a 99 Triton Tr18. It came with the original trailer. I don't have any history in the trailer. Figured I'd replace the bearings before having any issues down the road.

My problem is... what bearings do I buy? is there a universal size?

i have no problem putting the new bearings on, but I just don't know what kit to buy!

2. @delta_fisher
    Just went out and checked the trailer. It looks like it has bearing buddies installed. There's a blue ring inside.

I guess the question now now is how do I tell if the grease is still good. Or if I need to replace it

3. Member
    If in question pull it down and install new or you might be able to look at the color of the grease to tell the type (name) and then just grease it. You could also pull it around for a while and feel of the hubs to see if they get hot or stay fairly cool/warm.

I have always personally just jacked mine up and inspect, clean, regrease and install new DOUBLE LIP SEALS . I use Lucas Marine grease or Red Sticky.
    Rocket

Trailer bearings, races, and seals can be just about any size. Best to go ahead and pull them and take them to NAPA. They'll match them up with the right stuff. Good advice on the double lip seals too. In fact, my Trailstar trailer need triple lip seals or else it will sling grease.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I wouldn't change them unless they show signs of rust or overheating. It would be a rare person who ever towed a trailer enough to wear out a set of bearings.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    Bearings - L68149 outer
    L44649 inner
    Races - L68110
    L44610
    Seal - AD2528E

This is what I got off here, I believe from DABS, awhile back for my Triton trailer.

7. Member
    Yep, except the seal is most likely an AD2527E It measures 2 3/8" across the diameter. The hub if original used this seal. The hubs were counter bored beginning in 2002 and took the larger 2.56" seal. The bearings and races remain the same.