Question Garmin With I pilot

Hello, I am thinking about getting a new trolling motor but have some concerns. I am hoping that those of you guys that are using Panoptix and have an I pilot will chime in. I have read that using the newer motors with energy saver electronics can cause interference. Also concern about being able to pan he motor in search of moving fish. How do you remove spot lock pan for the fish and go back to spot lock, Is this a pain? Any other comments that might help me decide would be appreciated. I just don't want to spend that much money and find out I don't like it and have to live with it cause I won't be able to tell the better half I want to spend more.....

Thank You
    Shelfsh

2. Banned
    the problem with the newer trolling motors is the infinate speed control. we didn't have as much trouble with interference back when the motors had pre-set speeds. im going to order an ultrex so im worried about being able to use panoptix with the speed of the head moving. i don't expect being able to use it while using spot lock because the motor is constantly adjusting to keep you on the spot. you could go back and forth though. the ultrex releases spot lock any time you move the motor manually

3. Member
    Troy,
    Can you manually rotate the trolling motor without having it on. Also, Will the way the way it deploys and stows interfere with the cable?

4. Banned
    which one are you getting? any of them can be controlled independent of spot lock

5. Member
    I run a 7610 with PS 31 and Terrova with I-pilot and really have no problems. I do not have my PS 31 mounted on the motor though. I mounted it on a stick and turn it manually.

6. Member
    Troy,
    Not sure which one, I am still shopping around and just trying to get questions answered.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfish View Post
    Troy,
    Can you manually rotate the trolling motor without having it on. Also, Will the way the way it deploys and stows interfere with the cable?
    Yes you can. You can turn the prop off and just use the turn buttons to turn the trolling motor in thea direction you wish to view

8. Member
    Disregard.