Thread: lake dardanelle

lake dardanelle

Looking to fish lake dardanelle by russelville in late march. Ive never been to this area to fish. Any recommendations on navigating the water? Stay between the bouys? From what ive been reading there's lots of shallow water and timber. Whats the average water temperature that time of year? Is the grass up year round? I am also looking to stay at a campground that is affordable but also safe. I just need electric and spot to shower. Are certain boat ramps better than others? Do the boat ramps have launch fees? Any information would be great. Thanks

2. Member
    The Russellville state park campgrounds are great but better make reservations quickly. Place fills up fast. Some ramps have corps fees, state park ramps do not. Some places are fine to run...other are not. Water temps are hit/miss in March. Could be upper 50s, low 60s or could be low 50s. All depends on how warm March is. Should be good fishing then though.

You could stay at the campground at Piney Bay or Shoal Bay. Both are nice and have good fishing all around. Dardanelle State Park fills up so fast that I don't even bother trying. Running the lake can be tricky so I would just take it slow and watch your graph. You can be out of the channel and on shallow water very quick.

4. Member
    Depends on where you are running, i.e., the shoot into Shoal Bay.......you don't want to watch you graph. Just trim up and go.....

Quote Originally Posted by wildkat7 View Post
    Depends on where you are running, i.e., the shoot into Shoal Bay.......you don't want to watch you graph. Just trim up and go.....
    Isnt that the truth. Gets worse every year. Several guys hung up out there last year.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Isnt that the truth. Gets worse every year. Several guys hung up out there last year.
    I managed to make it several times from May-July....but like I said, just trim up and turn off the depth....and make sure you are on the "right line".