Looking at a 96 190 Pro V

Hey guys,

I am looking at a 96 190 Pro V and the guy said another guy looked at it and said that the transom was "flexing a little".

Is that normal?

2. Banned
    I'm not an expert but I would say that is not normal... I just bought a 95 202 Pro V with a blown motor to work on as a project, and when I closely inspected the transom, I was pleased. No flex, that thing is rock solid. With flex... I personally would be concerned. Maybe some Blazer gurus will get on here and have something to say? That's my 2 cents

One thing is sure older than 99 has a wood transom look real close if u ain't sure take it to a dealer and drop a few $$$$ to have him check it out
    2023 ranger 198p

4. Member
    Thanks.

I have decided to pass on it.

5. Member
    Rock,

I have never owned a 96 model, but I have owned a 2000 and now own a 2005. the 05 is contains no wood, but the 2000 had wood in the floor underneath the console. I do not know if the 96 has wood anywhere other than the floor. One Fat One may be telling the truth.

The 2000 model that I had, the transom was composite, but it was cracked in line with the engine bolt holes on one side. It would flex and I was not happy with running it that way, but it never gave me a problem. I talked to Keith at Blazer boats and he quoted me $1500 to replace the transom in the 2000 model. That was a third of the price anywhere local. My point is that it might still be a decent deal depending upon the condition of the boat and the price.

Brad

6. Member
    10/4. thanks

Buy my 2010 and have no worries.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    Buy my 2010 and have no worries.
    You have a PM