Thread: battery drain

battery drain

I've got something draining my house/accessories battery. Had the battery tested, so sure thats not it. Read about using a 12v test light to see if there is a draw some where...then it talked about pulling fuses to find what is drawing the battery. My Triton has a breaker panel, no fuses. Any way to still do this test, or is there some other way to find out whats pulling my batteries down? I read something about using a volt meter and measuring current, but it went over my head....
    thanks

2. Member
    Just curious, do you have a NMEA network installed in your boat.... and not hooked up to a switch? If so, the NMEA will drain it down over time. You might want to look into a battery cut off switch. Turn it off when off the water and you will not have any problems. Also nice if you have any little ones that LOVE to be in the boat while parked at the house. Any switches "accidently" turned on will not work until the cut off switch is in the ON position.

I know, not the answer to what you were asking, but something to think about anyway. I love my cut off switch.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

3. Member
    Thank you for your response. I actually am in the process of getting a switch and putting it on. Just wondering the above for my own piece of mind. And no, I do not have a nema network.