3-blade to 4-blade help

I have a 2000 Ranger R83VS with a Mercury 175 EFI that I bought last year. The boat's in storage right now, but I believe that it currently has a 25 pitch Tempest 3-blade prop (not sure of diameter). It seems to do a great job for me, but because I'm also using the boat to pull my kids on a tube and my wife on skiis, I'm contemplating switching to a 4-blade prop. Also, I don't tournament fish so top speed is not a concern of mine. Can anyone give me some advice based on my current setup as to what prop(s) I should look at getting? I'm completely new to prop selection, so feel free to dumb down your answers for me.

2. Member
    Not sure of the weight and performance capability of your boat, but mine is a lot more enjoyable to drive with a 4 blade vs 3 and I think I only lost 2mph. If you have to cash to try one out I would say do it...might really liven up your rig and help snap the necks on your next tuber victim:)
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

Some dealers will let you test a prop before you buy it as long as you don't
    damage it. Try a 24 pitch Merc Trophy 4-blade.

I would start with a 23 Trophy or 23 High-Five for pulling tubes.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225