2015 RT178 prices

My local dealer has TWO leftover RT178s with yamaha 70s on their lot and are asking $19495. It looks like the base model with the edge trolling motor. Doesnt this seem like a high number? The website says its reduced from $21753 which is higher then the model on the ranger site. I havent stopped in to talk to the dealer in a few months. Any thoughts on what a good price should be?

2. Member
    That's right around what I paid for my '17 178 when I bought it in August, so I would definetly say it's pretty high. Mine has a 70HP Suzzy, spare tire, wheel upgrade, trolling motor upgrade, 3 batts, and a 3 bank charger.

3. Member
    I bought a 2015 RT 178 off the lot in August of 2015. If I had ordered one it would have been a 2016 model. The boat had a 60 hp merc and I wanted the 75 hp 4 stroke merc. He changed the motor to the 75, and the boat had the upgraded trolling motor (Minn Kota Maxxum 70), three batteries, two bank charger, wheel upgrade (which is a free Ranger promotion), and $100 dollar depth finder on the console. I got it for $20,800 before taxes. That's probably about the difference in the motors, your price sounds high for a two year old "new" boat. Go to Kelly Blue Book or a similar site and check the value on it. Most dealers are eager to move the leftover boats off their lots.
    2020 Ranger RT 198p, Mercury 150 HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

Thats way high in my opinion. My 16 with alot of upgrades was less than that Including tax.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

5. Member
    I think we all know the reason that they still have those boats sitting.

6. Member
    Since you're in the St. Louis area consider checking Belleville Sports Sales and VC Marine in Granite City.

I lived in the area until 2014 and I would recommend the Belleville shop. VC marine is a newer dealer but seemed to have some really competitive prices at the Collinsville show last month.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    And that would be....??

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    And that would be....??
    Pricing

9. Member
    OK I thought there was a design defect that I was missing.

The pricing listed by the OP does seem high. I would take at least two years of depreciation off of the original. Look at reference points such as NADA and used 2015's on the market...add a small premium for having 0 hrs on the water.

If you want to go further, ask them to remove the TM and mini FF at the dash as you will probably equip it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Exactly. Priced too high.
    The dealer should want to move them. He is losing money on the ownership/loan he carries on the boat...AND it loses value everyday it sits on his lot. You could buy a new one for about what he wants....maybe just a little more.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

11. Member
    I know it's not ranger but paid 16,000 for my 17tx new as a left over 2016 this month. 75 hp mercury with upgraded trolling motor 70 lb minkota maximum

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkosiggy View Post
    I know it's not ranger but paid 16,000 for my 17tx new as a left over 2016 this month. 75 hp mercury with upgraded trolling motor 70 lb minkota maximum
    That is a good deal and is in line with what I would expect of a leftover. The OP was commenting on 2 year old rigs that are for sale near retail for a current new model.

13. Member
    I thought he wanted to buy it? If you do I think you should come up with a reasonable number at the high end of what you want to spend and offer them less. If they take it great if they are at your high end and your really want it get it and if it's more than that walk away. Good luck

I know the Rangers are a bit more than the Tritons but if I got mine for 16k as a 2016 with those options I don't think a 15' should be valued more that 17,000 ish

14. Member
    BTW the same dealer I bought at had a new 2016 triton18tx w 115 mercury for 19,500 just as a reference again I know it's not a ranger just giving you some price comparison.

Per the RangerAluminum build site that is the build price of a new one, not counting if it had batteries, and chargers and electronics.

2 years old, 'new' they are way over priced.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

16. Member
    Yeah I will probably go in and talk to them. IMO they need to be closer to the 17k mark or less, I dont see any upgrades on it at all except the trolling motor but thats a $200 upgrade through ranger. Im assuming there is the extra battery also but thats not worth the premium they are asking. It wont take me long to decide if I want to deal with them as its not the motor I would prefer etc. So if its not a great deal Im headed home lol