Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Lol. I'm sorry for the hijack too!

Motor, merc 225 pro xs. Compressor has a "noise", read the merc forum and this is not a good thing. $2k fix, plus you have to have the fuel rails cleaned by a special machine. This cost anywheres from $700 to several thousand if the injectors are bad. Oil pump has a small drip, cost around $800 to fix and have "re-primed". So, if I fix everything (and I'm a person that likes things 100% so I will) I'm looking at a minimum of about $4k, then I have a motor that's maybe fixed for a year.... Really leaning towards a SHO repower or new boat. The merc page is a scary thing to read, cost have gotten out of control.

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Truly sorry!!!! I hope you have a GREAT Merc mechanic in your area to follow up on the Merc forum guys...and get you a decent fix!!!

3. Banned
    Here's a decent read on another fella going through the transom issue. I know we aren't supposed to link other sites, but it has some good info from Pat in it. You guys (and Lea, although I don't think her boat leaves the garage much) need to look your transoms over and do what Pat recommends here.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/...ampion_transom

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Here's a decent read on another fella going through the transom issue. I know we aren't supposed to link other sites, but it has some good info from Pat in it. You guys (and Lea, although I don't think her boat leaves the garage much) need to look your transoms over and do what Pat recommends here.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/...ampion_transom
    Grout, I went to that link and clicked to go to the third page and my antivirus notified me that it had blocked a potentially harmful virus. Good reading up until that point...lol.

OP: Beautiful looking boat you have!!

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    Grout, I went to that link and clicked to go to the third page and my antivirus notified me that it had blocked a potentially harmful virus. Good reading up until that point...lol.

OP: Beautiful looking boat you have!!
    That's odd, because it only shows me 2 pages are there. They have had issues in the past getting hacked though.

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Grout...Yep, my transom and all should be fine...My boat used to leave the garage every weekend. The only reason it has not been out in recent years (except for annual service and check-up) is because I am 78 yrs old, am smart enough to no longer go alone, and my best friend/fishing partner has a bed-ridden mother who cannot be left alone. There is only one way this is going to change...and one cannot wish for that!

7. Banned
    Lea, I've steered this thing way off course; but oh well. I never would have guessed you to be 78, I was thinking mid 50's. Thank you for doing what you do for us here!

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Always glad if I can help...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12