Thread: Not impressed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not impressed

It seems as if every other bass fishing show this year has been shot at either Grosse Savanne or Bienville Plantation. I have to say I am not interested in watching a fishing show where they are catching their fish in restricted waters or where the fish are fed several times a day. It's like high fence hunting; all it shows me is that you have the money to get in.

I don't watch just to see the catches. I want to see the struggle to figure out where the bass are and what they will feed on.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    It seems as if every other bass fishing show this year has been shot at either Grosse Savanne or Bienville Plantation. I have to say I am not interested in watching a fishing show where they are catching their fish in restricted waters or where the fish are fed several times a day. It's like high fence hunting; all it shows me is that you have the money to get in.

I don't watch just to see the catches. I want to see the struggle to figure out where the bass are and what they will feed on.
    Find a way to watch all of the archived bass live stuff

If you would like to watch a struggle to find fish then you are more than welcome to come fishing with me! lol
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by mikepags View Post
    Find a way to watch all of the archived bass live stuff
    I am finding Youtube videos to be much more entertaining. Things like Lake Fork Guy (Justin Rackley), The Bass Guy (our own Ricky DeBoliac), Mikey Balzz (Mike Meisenheimer), and Tactical Bassin are a lot more like what I want to see.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

I will agree with that statement. Don't go to a place and catch those protective fish then talk about how great the lures you are using and how well they work. I use to have a pond like that when I had a rough streatch of fishing I could go there and catch some to up my spirits so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by havacman View Post
    I use to have a pond like that when I had a rough streatch of fishing I could go there and catch some to up my spirits so to speak.
    I love those places the inlaws have a 2 acre retention pond across from them that I can walk a lap in about 1.5 hrs and should catch 12-16 while missing, jumping off another 10 or so, just carry extra hooks and weights and 3-4 packs of zoom uvibes....most fish are 1-2lbs but there are enough 3.5-6lb fish to keep it interesting......if I don't have a bite in the first 5 casts something is wrong

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    If you would like to watch a struggle to find fish then you are more than welcome to come fishing with me! lol

I watched one of those shows the other day and I got curious as to how much the cost was. Holy cow is all I can say.

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Guess you've forgotten about Bill Dance.

I am finding Youtube videos to be much more entertaining. Things like Lake Fork Guy (Justin Rackley), The Bass Guy (our own Ricky DeBoliac), Mikey Balzz (Mike Meisenheimer), and Tactical Bassin are a lot more like what I want to see.
    For sure, the TV shows seems to be getting worse. Except for Honey Hole Outdoors.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Guess you've forgotten about Bill Dance.
    Yep--gave up on Bill years ago--great guy I am sure and a great fishing ambassador--just gave up watching him fish private ponds and having a continuous commercial about his sponsors the whole time--but that is just me--no hating please

12. Banned
    I will agree 100%. The people who are shooting pen raised animals and claiming to be a hunter is the biggest joke in the world that i have ever heard. I just can not beleive there are people that stupid but when i turn on the tv and watch the news i see quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Except for Honey Hole Outdoors.
    That's another one I am subscribed to.

I cut Bill Dance some slack since he does try to teach you something on every episode.

I watch fishing shows to learn something. These shows nowadays are horrible. Jarrett Edwards is usually pretty good but I don't know where to find his shows anymore except youtube.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    I watch fishing shows to learn something. These shows nowadays are horrible. Jarrett Edwards is usually pretty good but I don't know where to find his shows anymore except youtube.
    Yeah he did a good show, but I can't get it anymore either.

16. Member
    Bring back Virgil Ward!
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

17. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

I cut Bill Dance some slack since he does try to teach you something on every episode.
    and that is why to me they are all okay. They are trying to teach you something so catching fish, and some big ones, is an added benefit. I think most are jealous of the places these guys fish. I hope when I am Bill's age I am still having as much fun as he is when he hooks one. I personally hate honey hole but I know it is popular but for the most part it is dink after dink.

18. Member
    Yea but with Bill you could watch 3 episodes one he would be fishing a worm,another a crankbait and another a jig while sitting on the same point. LOL

19. Member
    Skilled amateurs (i.e., youtube fishermen) are what I enjoy most. They generally aren't trying to sell anything and will take you out on a grind day and on a great day.

Exactly, he must be doing something right as he's been on longer the most. And sponsors must like him a lot . Also what does one learn from watching MLF , How to catch 12 inch fish, most time you cant see the baits there using unless its a top water. Or explain why they are in the area they are in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast