Sassafras Boat Ramps Question

Are there any boat ramps on the north side of the sassafras river? I searched google and saw one on Hiwatha Drive / Quenn's Point. Is that a public launch? My buddy and I going down there early spring for a couple of days.

Thanks

2. Member
    Duffy's marina has a ramp. There is also a free ramp next to the Granary restaurant. Have to get there early as it fills up quick.

3. Member
    Thanks

I saw a sign yesterday at the free ramp, that as of today a permit was required. I have since sent an email to Cecil County land use to try to get some information regarding the change.

Mike, I believe the Cecil County permit will allow you to use multiple ramps in the county. One at Stemmers Run?, one in Charlestown, Perryville, and Port Deposit.

I emailed Cecil County Land Use and they have no record of a fee being charged and directed me to Md. DNR but I have no response as of yet.

7. Member
    I was there the day before you. I did not see the sign. Where was the sig located?

Here is a link to the Cecil County Boat Ramp Permit. I spoke with the Parks & Recreation department - the Stemmers Run & Elk River Park permit is the one to use.
    They said you can also get the permit at Coopers Market in Elkton.

http://www.ccgov.org/home/showdocument?id=2304