Thread: Off to Arizona

Off to Arizona

Heading out tomorrow to the Boulders golf course. Playing 18 on the North course Wednesday afternoon. Thursday we play 18 in the morning and 18 in the afternoon on the South course. Then on Friday morning play 18 on the North course.

Really looking forward to the trip and based on current weather reports it is going to be around 70 the entire time...just hope the body holds up.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

2. Member
    Very nice. The Boulders is a really nice place. The weather looks good for the most part. Rain on Sat and Sunday. If you have a chance to get out and fish, check out Saguaro Lake.

You'll hopefully beat the weather. Rain here starting thu night and most all weekend. Enjoy
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

That's a lot of golf. Enjoy!
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

5. Member

Well, I am back. It was actually raining there Saturday when the plane lifted off. The course is absolutely amazing. The scenery is just unbelievable. There were many times I had to be reminded it was my turn to hit because I was distracted by the surroundings. The service at the Boulders is impeccable, you want for nothing. I shot a 101 Wednesday afternoon, pulled that back to a 92 Thursday morning. We played a 4 man scramble Thursday afternoon and the group I was in put up a score of 7 under. I played my best golf during the scramble and my putter was on fire. However, we had an advantage because one guy in our group could routinely hit a tee shot 300 yards and kept it in the short grass.

There were rabbits everywhere during the day and the coyotes would wake you up in the middle of the night howling and yipping.

The only bad thing that happened is I came down with a stomach virus Thursday night and it put me down. I managed to golf Friday but I was really down and out. I ate dinner Thursday night at 6:30 PM and did not eat again until Saturday Morning at 8:00 AM...lost 4 pounds through that little episode. But it was still an awesome trip, by far the nicest golf resort I have ever been to....if you ever get the chance to golf at the boulders I would not pass it up.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Im glad you enjoyed it. Except the virus. That always sucks. We routinely have lots of rabbits and some coyotes too. Some beautiful scenery in this part of the country for sure. Ill keep that in mind next time I head to AZ. If you ever come to vegas let me know. We have some beautiful courses to play here too.
    " A Few Good Fish"

8. Member
    Was in Scottsdale last week. We played Silverado, Rancho Manana, Vistancia, Verde River and Ak-Chin.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

Great time of year in the southwest to be playing golf. Except for the dadgum wind. Its been blowing like steady 25mph plus gusting higher for 3 days. I hate the wind.
    " A Few Good Fish"