Thread: More spraying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More spraying

Just got the FWC email, spraying on Rousseau and Toho soon.....Just a heads up

2. Member
    You should see em on the BIG O.... 4-5 of them at the city ramp killing everything in eagle bay, then there were 6 down in the Harney pond area. These guys are destroying every piece of vegetation out there, gonna be one giant mud hole before long.

3. Member
    They completely ruined large sections on the south end of the lake this year

Quote Originally Posted by JayLaw View Post
    You should see em on the BIG O.... 4-5 of them at the city ramp killing everything in eagle bay, then there were 6 down in the Harney pond area. These guys are destroying every piece of vegetation out there, gonna be one giant mud hole before long.
    Saw it with my own eyes last week! You guys that live down there need to do something about it! I posted this on my FB page maybe some here can answer what can be done about it?

Spray, spray, spray till you can't spray anymore! ☠️☠️��������
    That about sums up what I saw happening last week on the Big O!
    I have fished the lake a lot over the past 10 years or so for a guy from MA and it's usually at this same January through March time frame and I have never seen such devastation! It's totally out of control! All the hard lines I saw had been nuked! Not just the Hyacinth but everything, reed heads too!
    I keep seeing media articles about the lakes water quality and such issues and I wonder how much of this is caused by the obvious severe over spraying that's going on? I'm not biologist but how can that type of scorched earth policy be good for water quality, the wildlife in the lake, the environment itself and very importantly for the areas economy, the fishing quality? How can full time guides continue to survive when all I hear is that the spraying is ruining the fishing? Won't their clients go elsewhere?
    I would really like to hear what local Florida sportsman's groups are doing about this? Why hasn't fish and game been brought in and what about the fishermen, BASS and FLW themselves?

Yup,and Rousseau was looking really good last week

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by esdbass View Post
    Saw it with my own eyes last week! You guys that live down there need to do something about it! I posted this on my FB page maybe some here can answer what can be done about it?

Spray, spray, spray till you can't spray anymore! ☠️☠️��������
    That about sums up what I saw happening last week on the Big O!
    I have fished the lake a lot over the past 10 years or so for a guy from MA and it's usually at this same January through March time frame and I have never seen such devastation! It's totally out of control! All the hard lines I saw had been nuked! Not just the Hyacinth but everything, reed heads too!
    I keep seeing media articles about the lakes water quality and such issues and I wonder how much of this is caused by the obvious severe over spraying that's going on? I'm not biologist but how can that type of scorched earth policy be good for water quality, the wildlife in the lake, the environment itself and very importantly for the areas economy, the fishing quality? How can full time guides continue to survive when all I hear is that the spraying is ruining the fishing? Won't their clients go elsewhere?
    I would really like to hear what local Florida sportsman's groups are doing about this? Why hasn't fish and game been brought in and what about the fishermen, BASS and FLW themselves?

Fish and Game (FWC) not only has been brought in but they are pushing for more spraying. They no longer care what the "average Joe" fisherman has to say, it's all about the Spray Budget Dollars.

7. Member
    According to the FWC web site they are going to spray portions of Kissimmee from Feb. 20 to March 3 and they are spraying 2300 acres in Toho Feb 23-24, which was yesterday and today.

All this said weather permitting....maybe it'll rain them out!

Seems like it doesnt matter what we think or say......guess we should just keep all our buddies warned here online before they make a 1hr trip or so to fish and find out then

9. Member
    I saw a couple of weeks ago spraying on Kissimmee. I was really surprised we caught fish as close as we were. But I'm sure it ran the fish out a day or so afterwards. You could sure tell where they had already sprayed with all the yellow lilly pads.

10. Member
    I got an email form the FWC this morning that says they are going to spray Hatchineha Feb 27 to March 10. That's just freaking wonderful!!! I'm headed down there next week and they have sprayed the entire dang place. Kissimmee, Toho and now Hatchineha. Won't be able to find a stick of live hydrilla nowhere!

Fishing will most likely suck!

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I got an email form the FWC this morning that says they are going to spray Hatchineha Feb 27 to March 10. That's just freaking wonderful!!! I'm headed down there next week and they have sprayed the entire dang place. Kissimmee, Toho and now Hatchineha. Won't be able to find a stick of live hydrilla nowhere!

Fishing will most likely suck!
    FWC are a bunch of @#$ickheads. They have no idea what they are doing nor do they care. As long as they can create work to justify their position in gov then they will continue. I know a few FWC officers and off the record they state what they are doing is awful. ITS GOVERENMENT AT ITS WORST.

HEY FWC THE WINNING WEIGHT FOR OUR CLUB CAME FROM HATCH LAST WEEK. 24PPNDS ON SAT AND YOU ARE GONNA @#$% IT UP. YALL ARE LIKE A STINKY TURD.... EVERYWHERE YA GO YOU LEAVE A STINKING MESS!!!!!

12. Member
    So should I cancel the trip I had planned to Okeechobee at the end of May? Its a 13 hr trip for me
    21XRD Bullet, Mercury 250XS
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

20XRD Bullet, 2.4L Bridgeport Merc
    899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shane23ss View Post
    So should I cancel the trip I had planned to Okeechobee at the end of May? Its a 13 hr trip for me
    No. They don't have enough boats, personnel or poison to hit 500,000 acres at once.
    You'll be fine, just find areas they haven't bombarded. And do look for freestanding loose mats.

The lake Kissimmee, Cypress, Hatchineha, and Toho were like chocolate milk this past week. On Wednesday we we locked through to go to Kissimmee and 2 guides were locking down and said we were headed the wrong way. We decided to try anyways, not a good choice. But overall still way better than working for the past week.

FWC = Fish Without Cover.

When we were in Kissimmee, we seen them spraying the reeds. Why? I thought those were native to Florida. Don't think I'll be going back to those or lake O for a while due to all the spraying. May try Stick Marsh or maybe Rodman next year for my fishing vacation.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

15. Member
    Just about everyday 3-5 spray boats coming out of the state park(Kissimmee). Sometimes they all go to the same area and sometimes they split up. Windy or not they are out. Of course the chemicals will not hurt humans. That is why they wear the white protective suits..

16. Member
    Alright fellas. I just caught this thread and I'm heading to Kissimmee next Friday with my son. Any way to find out for sure what they've sprayed or whether they will be spraying while we are there. Gotta say this thread was a kick in the gut.

17. Member
    Of course the chemicals will not hurt humans. That is why they wear the white protective suits..

That is what the US Government told us about AGENT ORANGE back during the days of Vietnam and supporting countries of Thailand, Guam, Okinawa, etc.

It SEEMS way overdone...
    what we need is research and design of a boat that HARVESTS unwanted water plants and MARKETS them as cattle feed or whatever...if we can invent a tomato harvesting machine we can do that...

Supposedly the main sprays are "eco-friendly"...
    How many clubs have had a speaker explain "spraying" in detail & take questions?

Bet your prop any relief MUST come after local and state office holders being hammered w/o mercy for months...
    ask them "if they support the level of spraying" EARLY ON EVEN BEFORE THEY START CAMPAIGNING...
    so they must go "on the record"...

DEMAND WRITTEN RESULTS from the past 3 years or 5 as far as eco-impact...if they cannot provide it...
    that is grounds for a TRO....maybe...check on that.

I was fishing south of Monroe last September when 2 spray boats showed and garden hosed like you cannot believe...
    I cranked up fast...and they seem to enjoy running in front of the banks ahead of bass boats from my other observations.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

19. Banned
    Was on Big Toho all week. Water clarity was good to clear everywhere I went... Dan

20. Member
    There is a meeting tonight in Clewiston about the spraying and state of the big "O". Water is way down and that combined with the spraying has turned many of the best spots into a brown mess. Been fishing the past week on the N/E side with limited success.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast