Ultrex on my 95 Pantera II

Just in case anyone was wondering how the ultrex would look, or if it would even fit the older boats here it is on my 95 pantera II. I have not installed heading sensor or had it on the water yet but have ran it on the trailer and seems nice! I am not sure what is wrong with tinypic (wont let me upload pictures) so I uploaded from another site....weird thing is I can't make them bigger on here.

2. Member
    You get a 45"? I have a 52" on my classic now that comes in handy sometimes, but is a pain other times...debating whether I'll get a 45 or 52.

I got the 45" as I fish mostly shallow water and really don't feel like raising it up all the time.

Looks good Johnnybones !

I currently have a 45" fortrex on my 96 classic and was considering switching the the ultrex.....mounts look very similar and was hoping you could tell me if fortrex 45 and ultrex 45 mounts are the same?

It sure would be nice not to have to drill anymore holes in my boat.... lol
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

From what I read the mounting holes are the same....But I don't think you can just take the fortrex head off and put it on this bracket. I went from a old motorguide to this so I had to re drill 5 of the 6 holes.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybones View Post
    From what I read the mounting holes are the same....But I don't think you can just take the fortrex head off and put it on this bracket. I went from a old motorguide to this so I had to re drill 5 of the 6 holes.
    You shouldn't have. Did you remove the right side bracket to reveal the extra set of holes?
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    Looks good Johnnybones !

I currently have a 45" fortrex on my 96 classic and was considering switching the the ultrex.....mounts look very similar and was hoping you could tell me if fortrex 45 and ultrex 45 mounts are the same?

It sure would be nice not to have to drill anymore holes in my boat.... lol
    I am told that yes they are the same. I will be getting an Ultrex on my 04 Classic sometime this year. Currently have a Fortrex. Like others, I will stick with the 45 inch shaft. For me, it has worked fine even when fishing in deep water and I like having that trolling motor head down low...