LDraper

Critique these Lowrance Elite 7 TI Total Scan images

I am not going to flood the forum with all the pictures I snapped all at once so I will start off with a few. Thoughts and opinions and yes constructive criticism are welcome! I am new to this and I am trying to get things dialed in and understand what I am looking at. These were taken at Lake Wedowee in Alabama. You will see in some of the pictures that white spaces show up...the 2nd and 3rd picture. I feel like my sonar could use some tweaking but I have no idea what/how to tweak. What do you see? Does anything stand out? 2nd and 3rd to the last picture...are those pods of fish?

Attached Images Attached Images

2. LDraper
    Here are some more...
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    On your Structure Scan try changing frequency to 455.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    And I would turn your side scan range off of automatic. Then you can adjust it as needed. Having the range set at 3x your depth is a good starting point. Your situation may be different, but I generally fish in 25 ft or less. I like to run my side scan at about 60 ft range all the time. This makes it easier to pick out fish because the narrow range is kind of like being zoomed in for more detail and structure looks great too. If you fish deeper water, this range may not work for you though. Most of your pics are deep. I use 455 pretty much 100% of the time.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

5. LDraper
    Thank you sir!

6. Member
    I had always thought that the 800 was supposed to be better for my Side Scan. I have never been happy with what I was seeing on my 9 compared to what I was seeing on other peoples 12s. I was fooling around with it this weekend and tried 455. What a difference it made for me. What had been attributing to a larger screen was more likely the frequency setting. Seemed like I could never get the contrast set well enough on the 800. on 455 stuff stood right out. Last week I rewired my units to a fuse block and upgraded the console unit to the 4.5 update. It did get rid of a good bit of the noise compared to the bow unit, even thought they were both running off the hull transducer when the trolling motor was up.

800 wont shoot out far and gets dark as you go out. 455 has always been better for me

8. Member
    nice pics

9. Member
    step one stop boat, step two catch fish

10. Member
    Just wanted to make sure you know that you can swipe the right side menu off the screen, so you can view the full screen. It took me a few months to figure that out
    2008 XPRESS H18
    2017 MERC 150 4S

11. LDraper
    Quote Originally Posted by VANDERA View Post
    Just wanted to make sure you know that you can swipe the right side menu off the screen, so you can view the full screen. It took me a few months to figure that out
    Yes sir...I left it up so everyone could see my settings. Now somehow another I believe you can get it to automatically disappear...NO clue how to make that happen tho.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LDraper View Post
    Yes sir...I left it up so everyone could see my settings. Now somehow another I believe you can get it to automatically disappear...NO clue how to make that happen tho.
    Easy to set it to automatically disappear; settings system advanced features turn on "auto disappear after 15 seconds". Enjoy!!

John

13. LDraper
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hagins View Post
    Easy to set it to automatically disappear; settings system advanced features turn on "auto disappear after 15 seconds". Enjoy!!

John
    THANKS!