Should I stay or go dilemma?

So a few years ago I was able to find and purchase the boat that I have wanted for a long time an 08 21xhp 250Proxs. It was garaged with low hrs because the previous owner received it and then was diagnosed with cancer. It had 100hrs and was like new. I love this boat and feel that I have perfected the setup. The way it runs is just awesome.

The dilemma is that I just won a boat cert for a smaller Ranger and also missed out on the Ranger bucks money. I have thought about buying a new 520C before for that reason but IMO it would be like going form a Corvette to a Cadillac. I have experience in the 520's but like the performance, economy and handling of the Triton. The trade might be performance for features, status symbol extra winnings, newer model etc. Another concern is the increased reoccurring luxury taxes costs. It would be $250/yr to $600/yr.

Any input or comments would be appreciated.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Sell the cert and take the money.

Sell and take the money

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

4. Member
    Sell the cert, take the money. Take the money and put in the bank and for every win you get, that you would have earned Ranger bucks, take the money from there and call it good.

Read "Should I stay or go dilemma? " 1st thought was the TV Motel Commerical

6. Member
    I was thinking more like The Clash's song "Should I Stay or Should I go" which might be a bit cooler.

I have decided that it makes sense to stay with my baby and do a few upgrades. Its where my heart is as well.

It is just so awesome to pass all the boats at blast off and get my spot. I'm not sure I could be on the other side.

Thanks for the sanity check.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    Read "Should I stay or go dilemma? " 1st thought was the TV Motel Commerical