Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Thanks for the info slonezp.

The Dells is a pretty good bet for spring 'eyes, a warm weekend like the one coming can end up being a game of bumper boats. I am now thinking about checking on the conditions at Genoa and LaCrosse on the Mississippi, just might have to play a little hookie from work on Monday and make it a 3 day weekend. Boss asked me this morning if I was going to be at work Friday, told him sure, didn't say anything about Monday, lol. I REALLY need a weekend away.

51 years old and I still get as excited as a kid on Christmas morning for the first open water fishing of the year! BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Is that info reliable?
    Wired4walleyes post from yesterday

FB_IMG_1487121960533.jpg

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post
    Thanks for the info slonezp.

The Dells is a pretty good bet for spring 'eyes, a warm weekend like the one coming can end up being a game of bumper boats. I am now thinking about checking on the conditions at Genoa and LaCrosse on the Mississippi, just might have to play a little hookie from work on Monday and make it a 3 day weekend. Boss asked me this morning if I was going to be at work Friday, told him sure, didn't say anything about Monday, lol. I REALLY need a weekend away.

51 years old and I still get as excited as a kid on Christmas morning for the first open water fishing of the year! BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm just a few years younger than you and starting a new job on Monday, I'm off right now, trying to take care of some things around the house before the new gig starts. I have 2 birthday parties to go to Sunday, Buddies wife is turning 60 and and my aunt is turning 80. If I can get my stuff done, Friday is not out of the question either.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapela View Post
    Sunday is the first for me, heading to lake shafer IN to hopefully stick some jerkbait smallies.
    Only time I've been at that lake was to go to Indiana Beach for a office outing. I've always been curious if you can make it up the Tippecanoe River all the way to Tippecanoe lake by me. Probably would have to do it in a kayak LOL . Have fun

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    Good luck guys. I also couldnt imagine being iced out!!
    Thank you sir! Being ice out usually isn't to bad for me, I enjoy ice fishing. But this year around here the ice hasn't been good so I haven't been out but a few times. Usually by this time of the year I am tired of drilling holes in the ice to fish anyway so the warm weather and open water so early is a serious bonus.

I am, however, pretty envious of you southern boys having open water year 'round. Given a choice, even though I do like ice fishing, I still would prefer being in the boat. I can see a move to western KY or TN in the future.

7. Member
    I'm just a few years younger than you and starting a new job on Monday, I'm off right now, trying to take care of some things around the house before the new gig starts. I have 2 birthday parties to go to Sunday, Buddies wife is turning 60 and and my aunt is turning 80. If I can get my stuff done, Friday is not out of the question either.
    Good luck, wherever you end up going fishing and at your new job.

just freakin great. the one year we get early ice out, I'm stuck at home waiting for my new boat to be built.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    just freakin great. the one year we get early ice out, I'm stuck at home waiting for my new boat to be built.
    Early ice out means early weeds, early spawn. Also means the ramp will be tied up with people who haven't touched their boats since fall and don't even know if they will start, and inevitably that will be the boat launching immediately before you.

10. Member
    I feel your pain man. That new PT18 you are waiting on should be a good rig, hope it doesn't take to long to get. I assume your old boat is gone?

yeah, traded it in. hoping for 4-6 more weeks.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post

Exact way I feel right now. Had a scare today that I wasn't going to be able to go. Just got home from the ER. I scratched my cornea on my eye this morning and boy does it sting. They numbed it up, I got some antibiotics, and I'm ready to go. Going to put in on Long lake, If it's still locked up, I'm heading to the American Legion ramp on Nippersink. Hope to dial in on some ice out panfish.

13. Member
    That ain't good

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    That ain't good
    I'll survive.

15. Banned
    My eye matches my shirt

16. Member
    yeah, traded it in. hoping for 4-6 more weeks.
    I bet it will be worth the wait! Hang in there brother!

17. Member
    Exact way I feel right now. Had a scare today that I wasn't going to be able to go. Just got home from the ER. I scratched my cornea on my eye this morning and boy does it sting. They numbed it up, I got some antibiotics, and I'm ready to go. Going to put in on Long lake, If it's still locked up, I'm heading to the American Legion ramp on Nippersink. Hope to dial in on some ice out panfish.
    That's scary, glad it's not worse.

I haven't fished Long in years, even though it's only 2 miles from my house. A buddy got a couple 'eye's around the Rt. 12 bridge and a few crappies around Dunn's lake today. Not sure if it was the channels or Dunn's itself. Good luck! I'm hitting the Rock river in Fort Atkinson early tomorrow and then heading to Genoa on the Mississippi for Sun. and Mon. Went to talk to the boss this morning about taking Monday off and before I could even finish the sentence he said "yeah, yeah, you wont be here Monday. That's fine, have a good weekend and bring me some fillets, you deserve a break." Been working for the man long enough for him to know the routine. lol

I scratched my cornea years ago. worse feeling I have ever had.

19. Banned
    Was nice to get out. No fish, no bites, didn't mark anything. Fished what I could on Long Lake, Ice is still too thick to break thru. Packed up and went to the Chain. I've never seen the water as low as it is right now. Fished some by Grass Lake bridge, RT 12 bridge and Suicide Alley. Didn't venture any further as I didn't feel like getting stuck in the mud. Only one other boat out there and a kayak.

Rained all day here so Im heading out tomorrow after Church.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast