Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Des Allemands Help

Hey guys before I even start I just want people to know I'm not asking for your favorite spot/bait/time of year etc. I recently moved and Des Allemands looks to be my closest place for a quick fishing trip. I've never been there before and was wondering if anyone would be nice enough to share their recommendations on launches and any tips on navigating and fishing in general down there. Thanks for the help!

2. Member
    not many options for nice launches. There are one on each side of the overpass and one at the end of bayou gauche road. Sommes is at the base of the overpass by the truck stop. private launch 5 dollars to launch. If you launch there make sure you stay in the middle of the canal pass the island on the right when you approach the main canal. Do not hang the bank on either side. Their is a free launch under the bridge on the east side, but very tight launch. Not much place to park either and get ready to be crowded. lol. There are canals around the lake and also coming off the main bayou going south. You can access salvador and all the way to lafitte. Not sure where you coming from.

3. Member
    You live in Hammond and wanna go all the way to DA? Only a lil over an hour but there some pretty good fishing closer to Hammond..

4. Member
    Fished there Saturday,10-12 small fish & tore up a prop,won't be making that drive again anytime soon.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    You live in Hammond and wanna go all the way to DA? Only a lil over an hour but there some pretty good fishing closer to Hammond..
    I lived in Hammond, but like I said in the original post, I recently moved to where DA is my closest potential fishing spot.

Just follow Rock around.
    James Simmons (985)870-0201
    Stanford Baits Pro Staff Gambler Lures Pro staff Vector Hooks Pro staff Enigma rods pro staff
    P-line Pro Staff. Amphibia Eyegear Pro staff TH Marine Pro staff
    Woo!Tungsten Pro Staff Hoo-rag Pro Staff Sublime Wear Pro staff Crusher Lures Pro staff

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugabassangler View Post
    Just follow Rock around.
    Hmmm, with the other 10 boats???

8. Member
    Make that 12 boats now, I need to re-evaluate my fishing philosophy and need all the help I can get.

I like fishing the lake side and I typically hit: Stump canal*, Nightbay*, humble in the Bayou (especially for bream and sacs), Humble in the lake, and Providence. On the bayou side: I used to fish the Dufrense Ponds as a kid, but I don't hear anybody fishing there much. I also run to the mouth of Salvadore and hit some the rock piles...

Im going to be venturing out to Bayou Chevreuil (Tank Battery) pretty soon...

Oh, there's a canal in the lake that people call Dugas canal.... Sacs and Chinquapin bite pretty good at the mouth

10. Member
    Good info...... I'll try dem areas

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Ever heard of any of those areas Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Most people launch at Somme's, the public launch under the bridge, or Bayou Gauche.. But I used to use the St. John public launch off of 3127 and use Moll canal to get in the lake.. Using this launch will bring you into the lake near Nightbay and Stump canals

13. Member
    Years ago I used to go there and not knowing where to go I'd just fish the main bayou from the sommes launch canal going north... There was all kinds of junk to fish... Grass, busted docks, sunken boats... I'm sure it's about the same..

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    Years ago I used to go there and not knowing where to go I'd just fish the main bayou from the sommes launch canal going north... There was all kinds of junk to fish... Grass, busted docks, sunken boats... I'm sure it's about the same..
    You can scratch grass off that list.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookem175 View Post
    You can scratch grass off that list.

Really? Damn.. It's been several years since I've been over there..

16. Member
    Not to highjack but, isn't it ashamed that in "Sportsman's Paradise" we have such limited numbers of good ramps to put in at? Des Allemands is a prime example. Pretty much all of them are dumps or you risk getting your stuff stolen while you're out fishing.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Mo View Post
    Not to highjack but, isn't it ashamed that in "Sportsman's Paradise" we have such limited numbers of good ramps to put in at? Des Allemands is a prime example. Pretty much all of them are dumps or you risk getting your stuff stolen while you're out fishing.
    Yes it is

18. Member
    There was a meeting by this parish last year to discuss what the people living here wanted to spend some funds on. I have been to many meetings in the past where a few nice boat launches were promised. Once...we even got Federal matching funds for this...but they waited too long and were about to lose these funds...when they jumped up and spent the money on a ball field. I felt this was planned all along. We have many great ball fields in this parish....as we should for the kids...but we should also have some decent boat launches. Well, when this meeting came up last year.....I posted about it here and on facebook and some other places. You know how many people showed up to vote for the boat launches.....3 people..... They were around 30 woman who wanted the funds spent on....ballfields. They out-voted us. This has happened again and again. We have many people bitching and complaining...but not one shows up when the time comes. We get.....what we deserve....crap!

19. Member
    Great job Rock them

This is the #1 reason I don't fish there as much as I used to. That's also a reason that Des Allemands can't attract bigger tournaments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast