Thread: Setup Help

Setup Help

Posted this in the setups forum, no responses yet. Thought I would try it here.

Hello all, need some help/advice on my rig. I have a 2000 Javelin Renegade 19 Fish and Ski with a same year 150 Johnson. I have a 6 inch rapid jack and currently have a 24 Raker on it. Last I checked I'm about 3.5 below the pad. Currently with 2 people and full live well, I'm only able to get 5100 rpm and 42 mph GPS. This is with 16 psi on the gage. I have a fairly quick hole shot, but as soon as I break over on plane my rpms jump up and I have to feather it back down for it to hook back up. I assume this is blowing out? I'm not sure exactly what to do next? Should I drop my jack plate? Maybe go down to a 22 raker? Any help is greatly appreciated!

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate

I would send my prop to Mark Croxten and have him do a repair...now what he calls a repair most people call a refurbish. He will put all the blades back into factory specs. Mark's contact information can be found on the prop discussion board. Once you know you prop is in specs you can eliminate that. As for the low rpm is this a new problem or has it always been that low. I would inspect my linkage and ensure your getting 100% full throttle at the motor. Look at the angle of the butterfly's at full throttle and ensure they are open all the way.

Zero experience with the fish and ski model but I have ran a JR19 for 16 years. My 150 HO can turn a 24 raker to 5600 and gets 60ish GPS. I have a 6" jackplate that is 3.25" below the pad....your setup is close to mine so that is why I question the health of the prop and full throttle travel.

I have a smaller shooter that I can get to 6k rpm, or could last year anyhow. I'll check my linkages. If I keep trimming up I can gain rpm, but rooster tail gets above motor. The 5100 is with the trim 3/4 way on gage. I'll ask Mark his opinion too.

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate