Thread: 93 freezing up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

93 freezing up

I have read somewhere that people were having problems with there 93 sv unit freezing up while in use. Is there any more information on this? Has the problem been resolved? If so what is the fix? I don't see any update for this unit at the present time. Any help? This started with m yesterday. It seemed to happen hen going to the menu and trying to select the chart function.

2. Member
    It got fixed for most people by doing two things.

Check to see what version of the software you are running. The most recent is 3.8. If you do not have 3.8, do the software update.

Then, do a factory reset.

If that doesnt work, time to call customer support.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

Quote Originally Posted by shelfish View Post
    I have read somewhere that people were having problems with there 93 sv unit freezing up while in use. Is there any more information on this? Has the problem been resolved? If so what is the fix? I don't see any update for this unit at the present time. Any help? This started with m yesterday. It seemed to happen hen going to the menu and trying to select the chart function.
    Like Larry suggested, please make sure you have the current 3.80 software installed, then reset to factory defaults. Report back here after you have done that and got the unit back on the water. Right now, we know of only one other customer on the board still having this problem. All others were fixed with the software update and/or the factory reset.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    Thanks for the information. I will check the software version and update if needed. Will do a factory update in either case. Will let you know after I get back on the water.
    Shelfsh

5. Member
    Todd,

I did a factory reset and upgraded to 3.80, then another factor reset(restore default settings). But I forgot my sd card so no update on that. However, I still have an issue: While on the water I was using split screen, Charts, Down Imaging and now Clear View which changed in the update) I went into the menu to access the chart parameters and the cursor keys would not respond. I hit the back button and noticed that the data was still refreshing so I tried again and everything worked. This happened twice during the day. The screen never froze up but the cursor(arrow keys) not responding is aggravating enough. But can be lived with. Will update you on homeport as soon as I get back to the lake probably this Sunday.

Shelfish

6. Member
    Sorry about the first sentence on previous post I was answering a question about homeport.

7. Member
    Thats starting to sound like you have a problem with your mfd. I havent heard that kind of report from anyone else.

It still could possibly be an intermittent sd card issue. Try running the unit with no sd card at all and see what happens.

8. Member
    My 93sv cursor keys does that with side view only, every time. But only side view, it chirps at me but eventually will pause the sonar and give me the crosshairs.

9. Member
    Larry,
    I did not have the sd card in the MFD at that time. I had forgotten it.

10. Member
    Id think it time to call support. It would be best to do it while your on the water in front of the unit so they can walk you through some tests.

11. Member
    Actually, it probably doesnt have to be on the water.

12. Member
    Will try that next time on the water so I can record exactly what I am going.

13. Member
    I still have a problem with my 93sv freezing. Software up to date and reset performed. Seems to freeze on chart screen or split screen that includes charts.

14. Member
    Time to call customer support. Its best if you are at the unit with it powered up. They will likely want you to do some stuff.

15. Member
    mine is back also had to turn power off and reset again ugh this is getting old..

16. Member
    Perhaps this has been answered in another thread--or not. But are all these units that are locking up after 3.80 update? I am yet to do that one, been idle all winter. Kinda like to know before I introduce anything else to the pie. Still trying some interference tricks that aren't working either--didn't want to complicate matters any more

17. Member
    No, most of them started having problems with new units and older software. For most, updating to 3.8 and/or a factory reset fixed it - but not everyone.

If you are still having the problem and hace done the up-date and reset - time to call customer support. Sounds to me like you have a hardware problem.

18. Member
    No, I wasn't having this issue when I shut down for the winter. Getting out this wk-end and just wondered if the update was the culprit. Sounds like not. I will go ahead with it soon.

19. Member
    For sure let us know if it does cause the problem. Im sure Garmin would want to know :)

If it does...there is a way to back up to an older version, so you wont be stuck.

20. Member
    Did software update to 3.80 so far so good fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast