93 Intruder Cowling Repaint?

I've got all the old stickers removed and now I need to figure out what to do with the raised plastic Evinrude logo. Is this glued on? Should I just carefully tape it off and paint around it? I wouldn't mind taking it off and leaving it off if possible. Any advice is appreciated.

2. Member
    If I'm not mistaken I believe they pop off from the inside if the cowl mine is the same one 93 intruder 150 feel around on the inside and see be careful they do break easy I broke mine and had to glue it back
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

3. Member
    I just checked mine you pop them out it's behind the foam you may have to replace inside foam when done

4. Member
    Thanks for the info. Did you put yours back on after painting, or did you leave it off?

5. Member
    Put them back on after painting

6. Member
    You could probably pull them off, repaint, and put back a newer set of stickers to give it a little bit of an updated look. I considered doing that with my 93' Intruder and think it would look a lot better. I did however repaint the lower cowlings and noticed that if your using the factory's spray paint cans that you will definitely want to spray it close so you get the clear coat of the paint thick enough so it doesn't leave a flat look. Good luck! Great little motors.