Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I-Pilot vs I-Pilot Link

Can someone tell me the difference in I-Pilot and I-Pilot Link ?

Thanks !

2. Member
    Ipilot Link provides compatibility with select Humminbird fishfinders which allows added features with additional storage capacity for itracks and spotlocks. So if not using Humminbird, you would want to use Ipilot models.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Coupled to a compatible Humminbird unit, iPilot Link adds the following:

1. 2,734 more spot lock locations than the iPilot
    2. 34 more saved iTracks than the iPilot
    3. Follow the contour using a Lakemaster or Autochart map. You have the option of choosing direction, how far off of the contour line to track (0-300 feet deeper or shallower), and speed (in 1/2 prop speed increments, or in 0.1mph increments when using cruise control
    4. Circle mode to circle a waypoint at a radius of I think 0-300 feet, direction of choice and sped of choice.
    5. Full control of the trolling motor from a compatible Humminbird

4. Member
    Ok, thanks ! Just got Helix 9 & 10 SI GPS units. May be looking at an Ultrex soon, so I-Pilot Link it is.

5. Member
    You'll need to get the Humminbird ethernet switch if you're going to link the Helix 9 & 10 together and add the Ultrex to that set up.

If you're not going to link the Helix 9 & 10 together, you'll just need the Humminbird ethernet adapter to connect the Ultrex to one of them.

6. Member
    Yes, thanks. I saw that at the Minn Kota site also.

7. Member
    if you have the ipilot can you upgrade to link , is it just the remote that makes it link

8. Member
    Yes you can upgrade for around $800. It's more than the remote, the link control head has an Ethernet cable soldered to a control board

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otnics View Post
    if you have the ipilot can you upgrade to link , is it just the remote that makes it link
    No you have to change the head. You will also get a new remote.

10. Member
    Unless you really plan on using the Link features, I'd stick with the IPilot model. You don't have to charge the controller and the Link touch screen can be a real pita.

11. Member
    I thought I-Pilot Link can connect through bluetooth signal and didn't need a cable connection?
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

12. Member
    Bluetooth is for the heading sensor communication, ethernet is for networking to the humminbird units to the I pilot link

13. Member
    You cant upgrade from ipilot to link with current models. They have not made those skus like they have for legacy models.

14. Member
    If I have Navionics chips in my Humminbird, with the I-Pilot work or do I need to change the chip to a Lake Master? If I change it, do need to change the chip in both my console and bow units? Thanks
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by kmelford View Post
    If I have Navionics chips in my Humminbird, with the I-Pilot work or do I need to change the chip to a Lake Master? If I change it, do need to change the chip in both my console and bow units? Thanks
    Follow-the-Contour only works with HD Lakemaster mapping or HD mapping created with Auto Chart Live or Auto Chart computer software.
    If you have Helix units, they do not share mapping. You would need a map card in both units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Thanks for the info. Can I use a Navionics chip in both Humminbirds when using the I-Pilot Link capabilities? Or does it have to be a Lake Master map?

Quote Originally Posted by kmelford View Post
    Thanks for the info. Can I use a Navionics chip in both Humminbirds when using the I-Pilot Link capabilities? Or does it have to be a Lake Master map?
    Follow-the-Contour ONLY works with the map products stated above. THAT is part of the LINK features.

Everything else will work with no mapping or Navionics since they are GPS features.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Thanks for the info. That's too bad. Sounds like I would have to reinvest in my map cards as well.

19. Member
    so can you not do any of these things without Link??????
    or it just does it better and can save more info???

20. Member
    You have to have Link in order to use circle mode and follow the contour mode which only works with the Humminbird and Lakemaster/Autochart maps. It also does allow more storage capability by using the attached Humminbird unit. (Post #2)
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast