Thread: Pickled Stuff

Pickled Stuff

The neighbor brought over cauliflower, carrots, and radishes. Too much to eat so I tried pickling it. Tossed in some red bell and jalapenos. It's got garlic, coriander, cumin, mustard seed, peppercorn, and Thai pepper flakes. Got 18 pints out of it. Should be ready in maybe 2 weeks?

2. Banned
    I'd love all that? Pickled radishes

We do a recipe of hot garlic dill pickles every couple of years. One thing we add is 6 prigs of horseradish...3 on the top and 3 on the bottom. We also put 1/4 of a green tomato on the top, fill in spaces in the jar with celery and carrots. And, I recently started adding a couple small portabello mushrooms. YUM!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Have a jar of pickled Brussell Sprouts at home that are great.
    アルは、非常に良い人です。

5. Member
    Try pickled Brussels sprouts. Best ever here.

https://www.jakeandamos.com/products...s-sprouts-16oz
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    Have a jar of pickled Brussell Sprouts at home that are great.
    Is that how you make them edible?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    I would throw out the Brussel Sprouts and drink the pickling juice.

If you want a real treat, save the pickling juice from empty jars and mix a little with Ranch dressing. It really spices up a salad!

You can also use the juice as marinade. I put it in a zip lock bag with stuff and squeeze out the air.

10. Member
    For a quick condiment take a mason jar and fill with shredded carrots,zucchini, sliced red onion and fill jar with a bottle of seasoned rice vinegar. I usually add some red pepper flakes and curry powder and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. We like to take either pita bread or naans and fill them with grilled chicken, plain Greek yogurt, and this pickled condiment.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHenry View Post
    For a quick condiment take a mason jar and fill with shredded carrots,zucchini, sliced red onion and fill jar with a bottle of seasoned rice vinegar. I usually add some red pepper flakes and curry powder and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. We like to take either pita bread or naans and fill them with grilled chicken, plain Greek yogurt, and this pickled condiment.
    Dang that sounds good going to try that

12. Member
    i'll take a jar if you are offering
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

13. Member
    Love me some pickled okra.

14. Member
    good stuff