Finally a new prop for my 2012 FX20

After trying several different props on my FX I've finally found one that is the total package. Great hole shot awesome midrange speed and excellent top end speed. It's a custom 25p from Boat City Prop in OKC for me it performed better than the T1 and for $595 with hub kit you can't beat the price. Hope this helps some of you out that are in the same boat I was in. Give Bryan a call at Boat City he can sure help you out.

2. Banned
    What rpm and speed?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    What rpm and speed?

4. Member
    76.4 and my rpms would bounce between 6000-6100 I'm going to run it again this weekend will have better numbers for you then water was pretty rough and i ran out of real estate so i had to let off. I think it will actually do better that was me, full gear, both fuel tanks full, and one live well half full. Plan on having partner in boat this weekend as well.

5. Member
    That is really moving with that setup and a 25 pitch prop! Slip numbers are impressive, you are hooked up my friend!

6. Member
    Whats the Part number for this prop?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj6987 View Post
    Whats the Part number for this prop?
    NO kidding!!

8. Member

9. Member
    I have no idea on part number just call Bryan at boat city and tell him you need his prop for skeeter/yamaha sho prop 405-632-2844. They just started casting these props to make up for the lack of supply in the t1s. he will fix you up and their service is awesome.

Hmmm....sounds like Mark is going to have some competition.

I still think the FX20 should be faster than that.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by utinator View Post

I must not have my boat tweaked out at all then. I have a 2011 FX20 and the fastest i have ever had my go is about 60mph. I got the boat used with 12 hours on the motor and the jackplate was set on 5 dots which is how it came from the dealer. I have dropped it down to 7dots and still seems to be about where the speed stays around 60mph. Any suggestions?? My wife and i run in it and she is tiny and I am about 185lbs. We do carry full tackle but nothing crazy as far as weight.

I guess i am really nervous going past 7 dots.....not sure why..just never had a fast boat before.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by utinator View Post

The thing weighs 2075lbs dry. I had mine up to 78 with 26txp and light load but its a turd with tournament load.

13. Member
    Skeeter changed their rating to Standard boat weight which means as rigged standard with out motor. The dry weight of a FX21 is 1860 as listed in 2012. Now it shows standard boat weight as 2,175 2014 and up. Subtract weight for 4 batteries, jack plate and trolling motor and you are now roughly there with dry weight hull.

14. Banned
    Where does it say that standard boat weight is rigged weight? 4 27m batteries=260lb, TM=50lb, charger about 30lb and all accessories including dms, steering, pumps, seats, fuel tanks, hoses, gauges and all wirering probably another 150 to 200lbs if not more. Not to mention thickness of the fiberglass is almost doubled on top cap compared to the older 21ft models. Just doesn't add up.

15. Member
    It was on one of the advertisements for the new Zx line back in 2015. 2012 boats were advertised as dry weight it is now stated as standard weight. It really caught my eye quick. Its funny too because the I series and Zx 20 &21 weights changed as well. But you know what didn't change? Their hull and average top end speed. Add 225lbs to that boat it it will loose speed. What about the Zx190 & 200 that gained roughly 150lbs. They didn't loose speed either. The typical lead acid 27m battery is 55lbs not 65 and my Minn Kota 460 charger is only about 10lbs. The weight change does add up. 2175- Batteries 220,lbs-Tm 50lbs, -Jackplate 35, - Charger 10= 1,860.
    Last edited by Randy T; 02-17-2017 at 01:12 PM.

16. Banned
    What about the rest of rigging? A lot more to it then what you mentioned. I know my batteries are 27group and weigh 65 and 460MK is a brick. I pulled that thing out couple of times and I swear it's about half the weight of one battery. Whish the whole rig went on a diet...including me...haha

17. Member
    Cant speak for rigging weight that you mentioned. Has to be accounted for equally in both then I would assume? To close that gap from 2175 to 1860, theres the logic. I believed the weight increase too untill I saw that, and the pieced it together. Untill that logic in post 15 is proven otherwise im sticking with it. I do know that the websites updates are not very good at times. It took then almost 2yrs to change livewell capacity on the Zx 225&250. You must have some heavy batteries, my Interstates read at 51.2 on my scale. Interstate has SRM27s listed at 50.3