Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Let us know please

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    yea its not 100% that you won't still have interference. i simply try to do everything possible to avoid any

syncros how do you like the ultrex?
    I'm really happy with it and I'm using it in the most simple manner, spot lock and that's it. I haven't used the remote since I tested the jog function, haven't built a track, etc. I truly think it's everything MK and other users are saying it is.

I took a couple of screens shots of my DI and SI on the water today. This SS are with the transducer cable routed down the Ultrex steering cable. I have a RF choke and had the noise filter set to medium. It does look like I have some interference but it only shows up in water over about 35 feet, and on the port side of my SI. When I got home I routed my transducer cable along the Ultrex arm and I'll get some screen shots with it like that tomorrow. In all these shots I was on and off the trolling motor quite a bit and making some turns.

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    What frequency are those shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    What frequency are those shots?
    That is a good question I bounced between 455 and 800 to see if one was better or worse than the other and I'm not sure what frequency they are. And I'm not sure why they are so small once I posted them.

I put my screen shots up on my web site which keeps them full size. https://jefffeekin.smugmug.com/HB-in...ence/n-PW5d8H/

In this SS I got snagged and when in after my bait where the big hump is. I was turning through all of that which might account for some of the interference but I was not turning when I hit deeper water.

I know I had interference with my 1199 bird up front when it was run down the cable then swapped it to running down the mount like was shown here and haven't had any interference problems since

8. Member
    I work for a Marine Dist so when the Ultrex hit the warehouse I jumped on it. That being said I've had it for about 3 monthis now and I guess I'm one of the lucky ones I routed the cable down the steering cable with wire ties with no interference issues what so ever. My units interfere with each other but only because I routinely fish 40-60 ft of water. I don't even bother to turn the sonar off of the unit at the dash its not a big deal at all.

9. Banned
    turn the noise filter off. it's may filter out info you actually want to see

this was my trolling motor interference even without the wires down the cable

i had to add the tmc1, ferrite rings, ground between batteries and getting the trolling motor internally grounded

this is what i get now with garmin and i removed everything i had added for the birds

10. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Every boat is different and hit or miss. It all depends on how they're wired I guess
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    thats the quickest way to introduce interference. thats why they don't put the cable in the sheat

Could you provide details of where you were able to purchase the braided sleeves that are wrapped around the cables. Thank you

This tread is over 2 yrs old.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by swimrunbiker View Post
    Could you provide details of where you were able to purchase the braided sleeves that are wrapped around the cables. Thank you
    He's also banned, so won't be answering you.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Quote Originally Posted by swimrunbiker View Post
    Those are like Stick Jackets or Rod Sleeves or something similar...https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Rod_...ODSLEEVES.html
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

This place has about any size and kind you could want.
    I use it a lot in rigging my boats. I even replaced that PIA stiff plastic jacket that covers the steering cables on the Ultrex. Looks better and a lot more managable.
    https://www.wirecare.com/

16. Member
    Run it thru the coiled up cable running from TM head and doen the steering cable to unit. Not had an issue with mine. Also if you dont want zip ties get on Amazon and search cable sleeves and they a neoprene sleeve for $6.50that is exactly the samething as the TH Marine Troll Jacket that they get $30 for. The amazon version velcros and is reversible and can cut to length.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123