Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I did use the 844-385-9840 number. I'll give the office number a try. Thanks Troy.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

2. Member
    I did use the 844-385-9840 number. I'll gave the office number a try and instead of Michael it said I reached Craig. Left another message, so we'll see. Thanks Troy.

3. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Are the optimum technical specifications for the charging of Relion batteries defined anywhere? There continues to be conflicting speculation what the algorithm actually is.

Does Relion yet own any battery manufacturing plant in the U.S. Anywhere?

Have they actually made in a Relion owned plant any of the Lithium Ion cells used in the batteries they are marketing? Or own a patent on Lithium battery technology? Patent Number?

Do they have a technical support group..... other than a couple contacts doing sales? Do they not have anyone to staff the office during weekday business hours?
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 02-21-2017 at 07:38 PM.

4. Member
    So I went through this line of questioning about a month ago. When I originally inquired about Relion (through Relion) I was referred to the local Battery Systems distributor for Relion. When I asked Mr Bergstrom about the free charger he said it was not available anymore. He then clarified it (not sure if it was related to the thread I posted) that the free charger was available but only if purchased (full set) directly through them. He said the margin was only great enough if purchased through them and not any of their distributors (he inferred the distributor might discount it, though I never got anyone from Battery Systems to reply to confirm this or any price). Michael was very helpful. Not sure why I was referred to the local distributor since if I was paying full bore I'd want the charger.....hope that helps. I'm still considering it.

5. Member
    I spoke with Lithium Pros today and they told me that any charger with a gel setting is preferred. I'm not so concerned about getting a free charger, as I am with getting a set of batteries that does the job. The guy at LiPro was very helpful. They have a 24V battery for the trolling motor, which is nice since you can replace two batteries with one. I also called and left another message for Relion.

6. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    I spoke with Lithium Pros today and they told me that any charger with a gel setting is preferred. I'm not so concerned about getting a free charger, as I am with getting a set of batteries that does the job. The guy at LiPro was very helpful. They have a 24V battery for the trolling motor, which is nice since you can replace two batteries with one. I also called and left another message for Relion.

That is correct on using a compatible AGM charger. But to get optimum life and full charge out of the battery the charger needs to have the appropriate charging algorithm and supply the correct voltage. Also with a single 24v or 36v battery you will typically need a special charger.

7. Member
    That is interesting, because I specifically asked about the charger I would need. Maybe I misunderstood, but I'll clarify that prior to purchase for sure.

8. Banned
    ill see if i can get him to check this thread for you

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for all of the communication here and sorry for the troubles you have seen from our side. We have added a few new members to the team recently which has come with a few challenges from a communication stand point. Also, our Dealer and Distributor Network is growing rapidly and making sure everyone is on the same page is our ultimate goal. The discount we offer through BBC (Free Charger with a Set) is still a go. Also, our distribution network should be honoring the same deal but ultimately that is what RELiON offers.

We do have our own plant overseas and have engineers on our team to help with technical questions or challenges.

We recommend LiFePO4 specific chargers for optimal performance. Many customers us AGM chargers as well which typically only charges our batteries to 90%-95% full. This does not hurt the batteries, it just doesn't give you optimal performance every cycle.
    Michael Bergstrom
    www.relionbattery.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    9868 Harrisburg Rd.

Fort Mill, SC 29707
    Cell: 803.322.2595
    Office: 844.385.9840
    Toll Free: 800.472.5583
    mbergstrom@relionbattery.com

10. Member
    Replacing 2 batteries with a single 24 volt battery may seem like a good idea but that would make it incompatible with conventional dual output chargers, either reprogrammed or not.
    Also when using the Trollbridge24, both batteries are put in parallel and serve as a house battery when not being used at 24 volts. A single 24 volt battery would be dedicated to the trolling motor and making less use of space and weight.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RELiON View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks for all of the communication here and sorry for the troubles you have seen from our side. We have added a few new members to the team recently which has come with a few challenges from a communication stand point. Also, our Dealer and Distributor Network is growing rapidly and making sure everyone is on the same page is our ultimate goal. The discount we offer through BBC (Free Charger with a Set) is still a go. Also, our distribution network should be honoring the same deal but ultimately that is what RELiON offers.

We do have our own plant overseas and have engineers on our team to help with technical questions or challenges.

We recommend LiFePO4 specific chargers for optimal performance. Many customers us AGM chargers as well which typically only charges our batteries to 90%-95% full. This does not hurt the batteries, it just doesn't give you optimal performance every cycle.
    That sounds great, but I still haven't received a call from your company. I've called more than 10 times and never get to speak to anyone. I've left a couple messages and have never heard from anyone. Maybe the new members of your team have dropped the ball completely.

12. Banned
    did you call him directly? he listed his number.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12