Thread: Trailer repair?

Trailer repair?

Well I got back from the lake last night to discover that the carpeted fender wall on my trailer was gone!
    Has anyone tried to make a replacement ( if so how did u do it?) , or is this something I should get from dealer?
    I got a z8 so it's a tracker trailer. Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by nitro26 View Post
    Well I got back from the lake last night to discover that the carpeted fender wall on my trailer was gone!
    Has anyone tried to make a replacement ( if so how did u do it?) , or is this something I should get from dealer?
    I got a z8 so it's a tracker trailer. Thanks for any help
    Made one for my Astro years ago took off opposite side removed carpet took 3/4 " marine plywood re wrapped both new and reinstalled took about an hour to complete

3. Member
    I've had to make one for a single axle trailer. I just cut a piece of sheet aluminum and carpeted it. Whatever you do make sure you get the rubber trim to put on top of the piece before carpeting it. I made a mistake by not doing so the first time and the one time the boat rode up on the fender gouged the gel coat because I didn't put the trim there.

4. Member
    I used 1/4" plexiglass and wrapped the carpet all the way around so when I bolted it to the fender there were no open edges to scratch the gel coat. Did that years ago and the guy who has it now still has the same pieces on it. It solid, won't rot, and it's easy to work with.
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225