Kipawa High Performance Propellers

Anyone used one the these TM props on a MK Fortrex 112? Any benefits, drawbacks?

Yes, and I would recommend them. Made my fortrex much quieter, and I didn't need as much juice to get the boat moving around. They are also more durable.

3. Member
    The aftermarket prop is not approved by MinnKota and will void warranty if the motor still has warrant left.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

So use the Kipawa and if you have a problem, put your old prop back on it.....problem solved....

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phlipnstik View Post
    So use the Kipawa and if you have a problem, put your old prop back on it.....problem solved....
    yup

6. Member
    Ok, so why would you want to use something that you know, going into it, could damage the trolling motor.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Smoother operation, less vibration, less battery drain and higher speed would be a couple reasons. Any reason you'd think a well balanced prop or confirmation on your part or MK that it would damage TM?

Edit: As an afterthought wouldn't MK have to prove that prop was direct result of TM failure in order to void warranty?
    Last edited by BigMouth; 02-20-2017 at 05:20 PM.

When a prop has more resistance cause it's pitch or surface area is larger it will draw more amps from resistance, this is fact. This is fictional numbers example, setting 3 stock prop 12 amps. Setting 2 with super prop 14.5 amps.... Now take 100% power and 55 amps stock... Super prop banging in at 66amps burns the brushes and or wiring...

just a thought and most electrical components are underrated so you should be fine. "Should" haha maybe MK doesn't want you to loose your replacement prop money.

Kipawa claims less power used and longer battery life. Probably due too design not just repitched blades. Its definitly a different shape than the MK Weedless Wedge on my Ulterra.

10. Member
    Exactly no way to prove another prop may or may not have been used. Please drive thru. It's a great prop and outperforms the Minnkota props hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Ok, so why would you want to use something that you know, going into it, could damage the trolling motor.

I would love to see proof of this other than a memo from Minnkota to dealers not to use a product that will take away sales from us.

My 36 volt Ultera draws 52 amps on 10. I have a gauge that measures amp draw in real time. I can see it at any speed......
    Last edited by flatsboy; 02-21-2017 at 09:13 AM.
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

11. Member
    Crickets I see.

12. Member
    What gauge do you have to measure amps? I have been looking at these props but I do worry about amps.

13. Member

Cool, thanks Flats!

I had one on a 24volt maxxium 72lb thrust. I was great in the weeds too.

Neat guage. Care to video and post the stock draw on 4 and 10 and the after market on 4 and 10? Would be a good sales pitch even to a neigh sayer like myself.

17. Member

Thats an impressive gauge for sure. What is the max amp draw you have seen with the Kipawa 112 prop.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foo View Post
    What gauge do you have to measure amps? I have been looking at these props but I do worry about amps.
    Here is a nice meter. Not a permanent mount. good for troubleshooting http://www.sears.com/craftsman-digit...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds