TM Pedal Forward Position Bass Cat at Bassmaster Elite Cherokee..

I've read a couple topics on this in the past and and never really offered input, so rather than dig up old post thought I would start a new one. Seems some where skeered :) of the TM pedal forward position on Bass Cats and in my experience it has always been an advantage. Being placed up front has advantages in flipping, vertical fishing and really every element. Right now after 3 days of fishing 3 of the top 12 in the Bassmaster Cherokee Elites are in Bass Cats. I would bet if you asked them if being placed forward on the deck rather than stepping back to control the TM or the trolling motor keeping them positioned back they would say forward is a definite advantage. Nearly everyone is vertical fishing and TM pedal forward makes it so much easier.... It's something you do not realize until you experience it.

Go Team BCB!!!
    Last edited by Pitchin1; 02-11-2017 at 03:57 PM.

2. Member

3. Member
    I love the forward pedal because I suck at flipping and always hook my stuff on the deck. Being so far forward lowers the odds.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

I love being up on the nose when I'm on the TM. Forward visibility is much improved, and (for me) it makes flippin', sidearm and underhand casting much easier.
    Kind of fun to watch someone who doesn't fish out of a Cat experience it for the firs time too. Takes getting used to.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I'm in my first cat. It's a 2013 cougar and I love the forward foot pedal. It's perfect for flipping and roll casting. I had a Stratos 285 and 201 before this cat.

6. Member
    My '95 P2 has the forward foot pedal. It would have made a great video watching me get used to it the first time in some bigger waves. I love it for pitching to shallow cover and makes the deck area feel huge. Finally getting used to it.