Thread: Lynx

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
  1. Member
    I love the rod box. I think it and the net scabbard is genius. I just wish it was hinged at the front. The asymmetric design doesn't bother me at all.
    Just as some may not like the coffin lid design of the Eyra, for me its the best.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLeon77 View Post
    Not wanting to be "negative Nancy" because I LOVE my Caracal, but some of the details on the Lynx are disappointing, specifically the front deck.
    - There are only 4 compartments on the front deck and 3 of them are inaccessible with rods on the deck, not sure where I would keep baits up front. I love the Caracal layout...3 of the 6 compartments are clear to open with rods on the deck
    - no day box when there is a huge empty spot for it
    - Rod Straps that don't retract
    - 2 latches to open the rod box

I do like the light on the front, the spot for Powerpoles switches and the tool holder though. I know it's a prototype and will probably get some tweaking. I have a very early Caracal and there have been many tweaks to get to the current model. All the above said, I'm sure it's still all quality being a Basscat.
    Having crawled all over both I have to agree on most points. I like the Caracal layout better. I am puzzled by the lack of a day box on the Lynx. My wife didn't like the new side handles. She preferred the clear acrylic handles with the lights.
    When the doors get too big they will be really heavy when rain soaked and catch the wind bad.

When I get a new boat and if I choose Basscat it will be the Caracal. Not sure if there was really anything I did not like about it. But to each his own.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    All I can say is I will keep my 2016 puma ftd. I am not a fan of the center rod storage at all. I get to my baits more then I do my rods so I would have to move my rods every time to get to my baits. IMO the port side rod locker is small as far as depth. I also did not care for the small ice chest. The rear of the boat was awesome nice big lockers. Really liked the tool holder. I guess for me when I order my next boat it will be a puma ftd again. Would like to have a wider beam but don't want the center rod storage.

4. Member
    I wanted to give my opinion. First and foremost, I've purchased 3 new boats (Champion, Skeeter, and Triton) over the years and a minimum of 6 used ones. I'm in the market yet again and went to the Classic primarily to view the Lynx. I actually intended on ordering one as soon as they became available.

Here is my take. I have no major issues with the out of camber center rod box, though I did feel as though it was quite large and seemed to take up a lot of space. I do like the idea of a front mounted hinge and doing away with the second handle. My biggest concern was tackle storage. At the classic, there were about 5 3700's in the storage space in front of the console. This led me to believe this space was designed for tackle storage. However, one could not fill this space with 3700's due to the fact that they are not removable without turning them about 90 degrees to get one out. This means (A) you cannot fill the space and (B) you will constantly be moving them around in an attempt to remove the one you want. I agree that the Carcal layout would have been great on this boat!

I actaully like the look of the billet aluminum handles and other pieces. However, my experience with aluminum is that it will oxidize and may become a maintenance issue. I like the console and the seats and love the lack of plastic on the console. I'm about 270lbs and really didn't care for the flex on the fenders that occurred when climbing in the boat. I liked the headlight.

My my opinion is this. I like the boat overall, but I must say that I won't be ordering one in its current configuration. I'm actually very disappointed as I was excited about buying a new boat.

I will will say thank you to Bass Cat for being innovative. I hope one day you build a boat that fits my needs. At that time, I'll be in the front of the line to place my order.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOTXRG View Post
    I wanted to give my opinion. First and foremost, I've purchased 3 new boats (Champion, Skeeter, and Triton) over the years and a minimum of 6 used ones. I'm in the market yet again and went to the Classic primarily to view the Lynx. I actually intended on ordering one as soon as they became available.

Here is my take. I have no major issues with the out of camber center rod box, though I did feel as though it was quite large and seemed to take up a lot of space. I do like the idea of a front mounted hinge and doing away with the second handle. My biggest concern was tackle storage. At the classic, there were about 5 3700's in the storage space in front of the console. This led me to believe this space was designed for tackle storage. However, one could not fill this space with 3700's due to the fact that they are not removable without turning them about 90 degrees to get one out. This means (A) you cannot fill the space and (B) you will constantly be moving them around in an attempt to remove the one you want. I agree that the Carcal layout would have been great on this boat!

I actaully like the look of the billet aluminum handles and other pieces. However, my experience with aluminum is that it will oxidize and may become a maintenance issue. I like the console and the seats and love the lack of plastic on the console. I'm about 270lbs and really didn't care for the flex on the fenders that occurred when climbing in the boat. I liked the headlight.

My my opinion is this. I like the boat overall, but I must say that I won't be ordering one in its current configuration. I'm actually very disappointed as I was excited about buying a new boat.

I will will say thank you to Bass Cat for being innovative. I hope one day you build a boat that fits my needs. At that time, I'll be in the front of the line to place my order.
    Your opinion is the only one that really matters. You are actually buying a high end tournament boat. Very few on here that claim to love the boat are going to buy a boat any time soon I bet.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Your opinion is the only one that really matters. You are actually buying a high end tournament boat. Very few on here that claim to love the boat are going to buy a boat any time soon I bet.
    You may be surprise.

I think their will be more then one person on here looking at buying a new boat in near future. Their is a lot of Bass Cat people that like buying new. I came all the way from Wyoming to Houston just to see this boat. I will be looking hard at this boat in a couple months and it will take that long at least to get one any way. They have to get it really for sales and then I will have to get in line. I think Bass Cat likes all reasonable comments it does help then.

7. Member
    I like it. I like that BC is trying something new. EVERY boat today has the same layout with minor variations. If you want to advance the design and functionality of a boat than some manufacturer needs to break the mold to stand out. Some folks will always buy the same old Chevrolet truck...others are looking for someone to push the industry. This boat is an important step in pushing the bar to the right. BC is playing long ball with an industry that reacts to short term trends. This is my opinion.
    Brian
    Last edited by vols203; 03-28-2017 at 09:22 PM.

8. Member
    I was at the expo on Friday when it opened. There were some bass cat sponsored guys checking out the lynx and really complaining to I would assume one of the head bc guys about the center rod storage. It is what it is. IMO I don't think it will be a big mover for bc. Time will tell and I'm not here to bash bass cat I own one and love it. I like most posting on here mainly went to the expo to see the lynx

9. Member
    I to was at the Bass Cat booth at the Classic 2 of the 3 days and am a new dealer for the Bass Cat line and was looking to see the Lynx. I was mainly there to see what the input was on the new model from future customers who are looking and wanted to hear what the comments were from them. I did hear several guys inquire about the tackle storage in the bow area as to me wasn't adequate in my opinion for the 3700 Plano boxes to just pull straight out. This needs improvement no doubt and I offered suggestions on how to fix it. I hope Cat is looking at the design of this product with a little more thought. I do know that this boat is a prototype and not completed. The big rod box door does need two hydraulic lid openers for sure. With just one they are looking at failure on that door. I loved the Aluminum rail instead of the old style glass handle - Big Improvement there. The overall look of the boat is great, the light in front great idea but from a dealer standpoint very hard to get to if the light needs replacing.

I believe we will see some changes and confident that Bass Cat will improve the design of the Lynx.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limitout View Post

I believe we will see some changes and confident that Bass Cat will improve the design of the Lynx.
    From what I understand, BCB said the molds were complete. Not sure what changes could be made without major alterations to the molds.
    I can see where from a dealer standpoint, the headlight may be labor intensive to replace. On a positive note, its LED's so it should last a very long time.
    I really like the idea of a front headlight. Not crazy about the cover, but that may add to ease of access to the light.

I agree with the Rod lid needing another lift strut.
    I do like that BCB did not build the Rod locker to include tackle storage. I think that opening a huge locker door to access tackle is inefficient and inconvenient.
    The rear storage bays will hold plenty Plano boxes, but I use those to store Boxes that are less used. I keep my Tackle boxes that get used often in the front deck area.
    There are many things I love about this boat. But I do believe BCB will have to make some adjustments to make it a real winner.
    Its the BCB first wide body 20 footer. There is a huge market to be had.
    I'm a Quality Control Inspector/Engineer for an Aviation company. BCB excels in Quality and Quality control!!! This is one reason I will ALWAYS own a BCB.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

We appreciate the comments and we certainly hope those who have not seen it in person reserve some formed opinion till after they've had a chance to see it in person.

BCB

12. Member
    I saw the Lynx at the Classic as well. Some nice things, some things I wasn't too sure about, and lots of new/different things which was great to see.

Surprised no one is talking about the hull itself. It appeared, in my opinion, that this boat has a pretty deep keel. Looks like it will be a great rough water/great lakes type of boat for sure. Only time will tell when people get to take this kitty for a ride :)

I'll reserve all judgement until we hear some feedback on the ride of this rig.

I will say, when I bought my Eyra, I was skeptical of the coffin style lids as they were "different". After almost two years I can say that is one of my favorite features of the Eyra. Like the saying goes, "don't knock it until you try it".

If its rated for a 350 I would love to have one with a 350 mercury on it..

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by parkj5 View Post
    If its rated for a 350 I would love to have one with a 350 mercury on it..
    According to BCB in a post I seen elsewhere, it is rated for 350hp!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    According to BCB in a post I seen elsewhere, it is rated for 350hp!
    Well crap... now Im waiting on Yamaha to make the 350 SHO.....
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

16. Member
    I ordered my Lynx yesterday. 250 Pro XS with Fury 4 blade , Helix Mega 12 G2N on bow, Helix Mega 10 SI G2N on console ,8' Power Poles, aluminum trailer, Cat 18 " wheels, padded deck, retractable rod straps.

Quote Originally Posted by brinson View Post
    I ordered my Lynx yesterday. 250 Pro XS with Fury 4 blade , Helix Mega 12 G2N on bow, Helix Mega 10 SI G2N on console ,8' Power Poles, aluminum trailer, Cat 18 " wheels, padded deck, retractable rod straps.
    BALL PARK PRICE ??????

18. Member
    As with any boat it depends a lot on options. Low to mid 70's depending on how it's optioned and what motor.

19. Member
    Now that is rigged out. Please let us know what kind of performance numbers it gives with the Pro XS when you get it.

20. Member
    Congrats!! Welcome to the BCB family!!!
    That's going to be one loaded rig. Keep us updated with photos and performance.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast