Thread: Lynx

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Basscat keeps secrets better than the Federal Government for sure!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brinson View Post
    Basscat keeps secrets better than the Federal Government for sure!

3. Member
    I'm a dealer for Bass Cat and I'm searching the forums for information. They are sneaky for sure!!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I'm extremely excited for this and the new Pantera Classic.
    Yeah the Pantera Classic !! give us some hints on that
    PLEASE
    Tom Pavlot Jr

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tom Pavlot jr View Post
    Yeah the Pantera Classic !! give us some hints on that
    PLEASE
    That's the boat I'm interested in, a 19 foot Cat in MY price range.

I can say the pantera classic will have a full deck like the PII. It will mainly have less options than the PII. The Lynx will be a mid 20' that is as wide as the Jaguar, Caracal. Both will be sweet new models. Look forward to seeing pictures.
    Garmin Stiker 7sv and 7cv
    2017 Crestliner VT17 - Mercury 60 4S

7. Member
    Hoping some of you guys are able to post pics from the Classic if you attend. Would love to see both of these rigs. Be really interested to see the layout of the Classic, unfortunately that Lynx would get me divorced haha

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Holmes View Post
    I can say the pantera classic will have a full deck like the PII. It will mainly have less options than the PII. The Lynx will be a mid 20' that is as wide as the Jaguar, Caracal. Both will be sweet new models. Look forward to seeing pictures.
    Will the Classic be a wide body?

9. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    There is some conjecture that it will be wider than the old model Classic. I've never heard just how wide though. I really doubt it will be as wide as the Caracal. But who knows? Only BCB knows.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    From what little info BassCat has released it is suppose to be more beam forward like the Margay, Caracal, and Jaguar. I wouldn't be surprised if the layout is non symmetrical like the Margay, but this is only speculation. I also thought I read that the beam will be in the 90" range but I may be mistaken. We will see when the big show rolls around.

11. Member
    I really hope, and I'm 90% sure, that the new Pantera will be worth the wait. The Lynx as well but the Pantera is strong on my radar. If it isn't then I will be deciding between a new tin or a used glass boat. If I end up going the used glass route, it will be a BassCat for sure.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post
    I really hope, and I'm 90% sure, that the new Pantera will be worth the wait. The Lynx as well but the Pantera is strong on my radar. If it isn't then I will be deciding between a new tin or a used glass boat. If I end up going the used glass route, it will be a BassCat for sure.
    I think the beam is already 93".

I think from what I have heard they are just making it wider by taking the beam further forward before turning in to trolling motor.

13. Member
    That could very well be. For some reason I thought I read it was going to be a 90" beam.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    I think the beam is already 93".

I think from what I have heard they are just making it wider by taking the beam further forward before turning in to trolling motor.
    Sounds like it could be like a shorter P4 which would be pretty neat.

15. Member
    i also read 90 in beam but will carry it all the way to nose.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    That could very well be. For some reason I thought I read it was going to be a 90" beam.
    A 90" beam carried forward could have the front deck being wider than the P2, which I believe has a 94" beam but it narrows up pretty quick in front of the console. The dual seat bases and the ability to slide the TM foot pedal back like the Eyra and Caracal would be great, I've fished out of a couple Cats and being on the nose is great BUT, it would be nice to be able to move back a little in rougher water.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The Lynx is true to form Bass Cat. No sequential floor plan symmetry, unique features none have had, continued use of a net scabbard in a different location than previous models, placement positions for switches and pods, similar rear deck to some models, triangular wells that are as large as others, large cockpit for those big guys. It is a unique hull and final performance will be unknown till completion of the final product. They also have not finalized the horsepower limits for this model yet.

Is it perfect, no it will have things some do not like. No boat is perfect for everyone, that's just boats general as there is no perfect boat. All boats are a compromise as they have to take something away to give another feature.
    I have always wondered why BCB favors an asymmetrical floor plan. As a left-brained individual that needs symmetry, it has always troubled me
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

18. Banned
    ^^^ +1

19. Member
    I am starting my shopping for a new boat next spring now that my R boat is gone. If the Lynx is going to compete with a 920 size and HP, then it will be between the two. Can't wait for pictures and real performance numbers especially with a Verado or SHO.

As the Classic nears, and ability to have the best form of product there, they will release more details.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast