Talon foot switch location

Where is everyone mounting their foot switch? It's going on my Z8. I'd like to see pics if you've got them.
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

I know it's pp but it's close, just leave enough room for your toes over the the buttons I'd say mine is 2.5" from the edge of the carpet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have mine on the starboard side of my trolling motor foot pedal. Its about center up/down and 2-3" away from the pedal. The I reason like mine there is because its so close to the foot pedal. When using the trolling motor all I have to do is move my foot a few inches laterally and I can hit the up or down button. The reason I want it in close proximity is because don't want to alter my stance or be stepping around to access the switch. Its as simple as if you were driving your vehicle and took your foot off the gas and hit the brake. The less movement the better in my opinion.

FYI you can get it too close to the trolling motor foot pedal. At first I had mine touching the side of my trolling motor foot pedal. My foot would rub the trolling motor foot pedal and impede my access. I moved it 2-3 inches away from the pedal and now its perfect. As an experiment put yours on the deck and stand on the bow with your foot on the trolling motor. See where it feels best to you and then mount it. If you have to move it there will be two tiny screw holes that are darn near impossible to find.

Not a nitro owner but the principle is still the same.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I know it's pp but it's close, just leave enough room for your toes over the the buttons I'd say mine is 2.5" from the edge of the carpet.
    thanks for the pic. Is there a reason you put it on the right VS the left?
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I have mine on the starboard side of my trolling motor foot pedal. Its about center up/down and 2-3" away from the pedal. The I reason like mine there is because its so close to the foot pedal. When using the trolling motor all I have to do is move my foot a few inches laterally and I can hit the up or down button. The reason I want it in close proximity is because don't want to alter my stance or be stepping around to access the switch. Its as simple as if you were driving your vehicle and took your foot off the gas and hit the brake. The less movement the better in my opinion.

FYI you can get it too close to the trolling motor foot pedal. At first I had mine touching the side of my trolling motor foot pedal. My foot would rub the trolling motor foot pedal and impede my access. I moved it 2-3 inches away from the pedal and now its perfect. As an experiment put yours on the deck and stand on the bow with your foot on the trolling motor. See where it feels best to you and then mount it. If you have to move it there will be two tiny screw holes that are darn near impossible to find.

Not a nitro owner but the principle is still the same.
    Thats good info- thanks
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

6. Member
    I've moved mine a couple of times now. Leaving it to the right of the pedal would be the most desireable option, but when I had I there, I hit it accidentally (yes twice) when getting out of the boat after loading causing Talons to deploy. I caught it quick, but now I have it on the left. While not as convenient, I've gotten used to it.

no reason for starboard side, just feels better for me and how i stand