Need help with 7sv xducer install on Tracker prov 175

new member here and hoping some of yall can help. i have a Tracker aluminum boat with a step transom. i already have a cheap lowrance unit mounted from the factory as a high speed skimmer. im wanting to just keep that as is for running down KY lake for on plane depth and 2d sonar.

so i was wanting a unit for basically just for side imaging in shallow water so i bought a 7sv for just slow troll imaging at 3-5 mph. if i place it where i have it marked on the pic, will it be ok there at those speeds? i plan on mounting a mounting board and i can trim the motor as needed to get clearance. thats about the closest i can get to the center of keel without getting in the way of the live well inlets/outlets.
    thanks

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/...psi3zqw8nf.jpg

Should be alright. Thats about where I mounted the 'ducer on my buddies 18' Fisher

3. Member
    Do you really mean to mount it so high?

4. Banned
    I would drop it down to even with the bottom of the hull. Up there you might get blocked by the intake screens on the left view.

Quote Originally Posted by MTW View Post
    new member here and hoping some of yall can help. i have a Tracker aluminum boat with a step transom. i already have a cheap lowrance unit mounted from the factory as a high speed skimmer. im wanting to just keep that as is for running down KY lake for on plane depth and 2d sonar.

so i was wanting a unit for basically just for side imaging in shallow water so i bought a 7sv for just slow troll imaging at 3-5 mph. if i place it where i have it marked on the pic, will it be ok there at those speeds? i plan on mounting a mounting board and i can trim the motor as needed to get clearance. thats about the closest i can get to the center of keel without getting in the way of the live well inlets/outlets.
    thanks

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/...psi3zqw8nf.jpg
    If you are going to put it on that level, place it below the right side of the engine mount.

The black box is the mount and the yellow oval is the transducer. The transducer would be below the horizontal part of the step and allow for faster scanning without cavitation. Ignore the 2D skimmer location, that is the factory screw-up up until 2012.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I mounted my 93sv transducer on the bottom step just under the above marking. Works like a charm on plane and everything is clear with sidevu. Protected the transducer with a spring back bracket and an armour shield that screws directly to the transducer.