Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Yes, that is correct. In a perfect world, the Helix would be capable of separating the gps signal from the heading signal and you could pick to use the heading signal from the AS GPS HS (external puck) and the internal antenna in the Helix from the bow. This is possible on Lowrance and, probably, the higher units from Hbird like Onix and Solix. If you are vertically fishing, then you could mark the fish, structure or cover, then swing around and fish it with the internal antenna on the bow unit. You would not have a heading line, but you could probably stay on top of the waypoint. I normally mark the waypoint and turn around and stay off of it about 50 feet or so, casting a jig or worm through the brushpile. In this case, I would just need to remember that I am 20 feet closer to the waypoint than the casting rings show.

I will probably add a second AS GPS HS before my deeper fishing starts this summer, just for accuracy reasons.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

2. Member
    Yeah, you could save a few bucks and put the antenna with the heading sensor at the bow and the one without the heading sensor at the stearn.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

3. Member
    Hmm I need to go through this reset it seems cause I can't get the heading sensor on my 10si but my other 10 and 12si both have it. All the same symptoms you were talking about.
    Nitro z21

4. Member
    Well that little fix worked. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this full reset will get my bow helix12 to hold depth better will see tomorrow.
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    I have a functioning heading sensor (AS•GPS HS) installed for my Solix 12 at the console, and I can not seem to get a heading line to display on the map. The course line will show but it's angled off from the direction of the boat (so I'm assuming the Solix is reading the heading sensor and causing the boat icon to be angled from the course line). I'll address that issue once I have the heading line displayed. When I look at the Diagnostic and GPS views it shows connected and displays a heading line in the middle of the satellite signal strength screen and even displays a numerical heading of 121° (which is consistent with a compass sitting next to the puck). I've tried numerous resets. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by drgrammer; 02-16-2019 at 03:11 PM.

6. Member
    Got it! I had the heading line in the settings to infinite but there's an additional setting on the Solix to show the heading line under chart options, then vessel.

Just incase I'm not the only one who had difficulty finding it....

Hey there anybody know how to get a heading line on a onyx10si?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123