Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Choices are better for us. We have both stores in our area and I like them being separate. In the end I really only buy from them when I think I need something immediately. BPS has a much better fishing section than Cabelas, but it seems sales are more numerous and diverse at Cabelas. Ah well it is what it is. I'd think the outdoor gear share of the market is huge when you combine these 2 VS everything else. Maybe like Ford buying GM? I guess he already owns the 3 largest fiberglass fishing boat brands and the number 1 tin fishing boat brand. He might as well own the majority of the retail items that we fill them with. Good for him but in the long run not sure it is good for us.

As long as JM doesn't knock out TW, then I am fine with him buying Cabelas.

The buyout price is $65.50 per share, and Cabelas stock price now is $49.36 per share. Wall street is not expecting the deal to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    Pushing the boundaries of a monopoly, which is not legal, FTC taking a closer look for good reason IMO

This, exactly why it shouldn't go through.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

Been to many stores throughout the country, BPS and Cabelas. I think Cabelas has a larger selection. My local BPS has a huge selection of JM junk. Can't buy any reaction innovation stuff a BPS.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Looks like Cabeasts was struggling. I would rather see BPS keep them going than have them go away altogether. No one wants to mention that though.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Looks like Cabeasts was struggling. I would rather see BPS keep them going than have them go away altogether. No one wants to mention that though.
    If that's true then yes it would be better an investor bail them out.

8. Member
    1st world problems as we don't really NEED either BPS or Cabelas to go fishing. Mr. Morris obviously hires great people to run his empire. Unless it's a true monopoly like my TVA government ran electric bill consumers will have the upper hand. The business world gives us exactly what we demand. Obviously a few decades into the demands the middle class blue collar worker is figuring out how this all plays for them.

11/9/89 Forever changed the worlds economy. Did we discuss labor rates in most of those countries prior to that day? How many consumers did that day open our markets too? Almost 30 years have passed and we sit here arguing about who has the most money and or monopolies.

I could likely fish out of my garage for a year without buying a damned lure, hook, or weight. I bet any bass angler could. My wife says set up a barter page and not spend a dime on fishing for as long as we can. Consumers...if the government didn't "bail out" JM would have the upper hand.

Instead, it'll be who has the next sale on imported fishing stuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123