Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    The VVM can Not tell if maintenance was performed.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skooter68 View Post
    I understand that there is an option to reset any of the maintenance checklist items but do I need to manually reset each checklist item once the maintenance is performed or does this unit somehow know that the maintenance has been performed?
    This is normally done as a PCM Service Interval reset by the servicing dealer (on the Computer Diagnostic System).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I just called my local dealer about a 6 beep alarm I have going on and he mentioned this product so I can at least know if its something major or just minor. I didnt know about this product... is it worth it? I have a 17 250xs if it matters.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    I just called my local dealer about a 6 beep alarm I have going on and he mentioned this product so I can at least know if its something major or just minor. I didnt know about this product... is it worth it? I have a 17 250xs if it matters.

If you’re a tight wad (like me), sure it’s worth it. If you want something really useful then get the real deal.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    If you’re a tight wad (like me), sure it’s worth it. If you want something really useful then get the real deal.
    I'm married!
    That should answer that lol

6. Member

I bought it a month or so ago. Its worked well so far. I dont plan to use it for anything other then fault reader but it does have some other items that can be used software wise.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECASTAWAY View Post
    I bought it a month or so ago. Its worked well so far. I dont plan to use it for anything other then fault reader but it does have some other items that can be used software wise.
    That's good to know, this kind of stuff should come with the motors... 15+k motor that beeps and cant even find out what's wrong unless you take it to a dealer

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That's good to know, this kind of stuff should come with the motors... 15+k motor that beeps and cant even find out what's wrong unless you take it to a dealer
    Too many different installation types to "cookie-cutter" a single instrument choice. Fault lies with whomever built boat (or rigged engine) more than likely.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    What I am seeing is that this would not work with a hummingbird with Bluetooth capabilities. This is already on my boat so I am wondering would it be more advantageous to buy the nmea2000 conversion module or go this route. I rarely take my phone out of my glove box but it would be handy in case of any alarms. I always imagined that it would be nice to have the gages on my helix g2n display though. I have a 2004 optimax 225. Has anyone linked the motor to hummingbird? What did you need and how did it work?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Durbijd View Post
    What I am seeing is that this would not work with a hummingbird with Bluetooth capabilities. This is already on my boat so I am wondering would it be more advantageous to buy the nmea2000 conversion module or go this route. I rarely take my phone out of my glove box but it would be handy in case of any alarms. I always imagined that it would be nice to have the gages on my helix g2n display though. I have a 2004 optimax 225. Has anyone linked the motor to hummingbird? What did you need and how did it work?
    Why not just buy and install the Mercmonitor gauge in the dash....get rid of the current tach, or speedometer?

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durbijd View Post
    Since those devices and/or connectivity to your Humminbird don't relate at all to the post topic, it would be a good idea to have a separate thread. Or, as a better option, see Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the forum) and drop her an email for information on the systems/options available to you.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coachs View Post
    Where is a good place to mount this on a 17 pro xs 250 2b522516? pics anyone

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamV
    I feel dumb. I am trying to install this on a 2019 200hp pro XS and I cannot find the yellow connection. Nothing I have seen shows the need to remove any cover or anything so I figured I would ask before taking stuff off of a new motor. Help?
    Fellows- if you would, please open your own SEPARATE thread for your engine, be sure to provide the Serial Number. Location is different between the 2-stroke (Optimax) and 4-stroke V8's.

4-stroke V-8's: Terminating resistor is located in the BACK, under the cover.

Optimax/DFI, Terminating Resistor is located on the PCM,

13. Member
    I know the vessel view mobile can monitor fuel usage but say I fill up the boat can I set it up and monitor fuel usage at anytime I reconnect the app? Or does it have to be always connected when engine is running to track gallons used? I just want something more accurate than the standard fuel gauge.
    Nitro z21

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

15. Member
    So Vessel View Mobile will give me all the information straight out of the box. No other sensors are required? Thanks

16. Member
    No other "sensors"

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    No other "sensors"
    Great! Thanks

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No other sensors are REQUIRED for Basic Functionality. There ARE Optional sensors/harnesses for some features to work.

19. Member
    Could you explain Basic Functionality? Will I be able to monitor fuel usage? Or do I need an additional sensor for this? Thanks
    Last edited by jmt870; 02-25-2019 at 05:43 PM.

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Fuel usage is a PCM data parameter. That's available.

Fuel LEVEL requires a harness to integrate your fuel sending unit with Smartcraft.

Data varies from one engine model to another, so this would be a separate post, with your engine serial number question.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast