Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

New VesselView Mobile

Simple Plug-and-Play device, installed at the engine. Download the App (I-Phone or Android), and mount your phone on the dash.

Very slick, cost-effective ENTRY level means of monitoring your engine. One big advantage is the ability to see what faults occurred via the online website (you can even specify a dealer which allows them to see it also).

Rhonda can set you up (see her post, pinned at the top of the forum for contact/ordering info).

VESSEL VIEW MOBILE FAQ
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 09-11-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    That is awesome !!!!! Gotta get one !!! Are they in stock yet Don ???
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Currently shipping within 1 week (or less).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Clever design. Don, in regards to your 'entry level' comment, what pertinent functions does it not include? Purely out of curiosity. Thanks.
    2020 Phoenix 919 Pro XP w/ 225 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Member
    For those of us that already have SmartCraft gauges and VV4, is the primary advantage the data being available away from the boat and on the website?

6. Banned
    So Mr. Weed, something I'm a tiny bit confused on and hopefully you can clarify it, does it show real time temp or was that only in the maintenance companionship mode?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician Bassistant View Post
    Clever design. Don, in regards to your 'entry level' comment, what pertinent functions does it not include? Purely out of curiosity. Thanks.
    Low cost, basic installation includes no Smartcraft Network, and no NMEA-2000 capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by MN1965
    For those of us that already have SmartCraft gauges and VV4, is the primary advantage the data being available away from the boat and on the website?
    Yes, with the added benefit of the data being available on a mobile phone (mobile display).

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout
    So Mr. Weed, something I'm a tiny bit confused on and hopefully you can clarify it, does it show real time temp or was that only in the maintenance companionship mode?
    Real-time temperature (and real-time engine data parameters).

8. Member
    Disregard found price
    Last edited by smith64a; 02-13-2017 at 06:21 AM.

If I wasn't lost, I'd surely know where I was going!

9. Member
    With a SmartCraft harness already installed, can the BlueTooth module just plug into any open port on a junction box rather than under the cowl?

10. Banned
    This won't Bluetooth to a gen3 lowrance, right? Has to have the app?

11. Member
    The module can be connected at the Helm, or under the Cowling.

Quote Originally Posted by MN1965 View Post
    With a SmartCraft harness already installed, can the BlueTooth module just plug into any open port on a junction box rather than under the cowl?
    hmmm all the new units having bluetooth....would be nice if we can get the app into them since there already mounted to the dash

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MN1965 View Post
    Yes, the module can be added to an existing Smartcraft System.

Vessel View Mobile will only connect to a mobile phone or compatible wireless device that has the Vessel View Mobile APP on it.

14. Member
    So with my 2002 smartcraft optimax this wont work or did I not understand that correctly.

15. Member
    Is the VVM app or website able to access historical engine data stored on the engine's computer or only what is recorded after the module is installed?

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Only what occurs after the module is installed (and an active phone is required to send the data up to the website server).

17. Member
    Would this work on my 2002 225 optimax its smart craft compatible.
    serial number 0t512962

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soloman View Post
    Would this work on my 2002 225 optimax its smart craft compatible.
    serial number 0t512962
    Yes- but it MAY be necessary to have the PCM reflashed for the latest Smartcraft program.

19. Member
    Will it show total hours or just since the module install? Would like to order.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

20. Member
    Total hours.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast