Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by psygnal11 View Post
    If I didn't have an analog tach, water pressure gauge and a speedometer, the VVM would be a welcome addition, but right now I feel like I'm either missing something or the settings aren't right because it seems like I spent $200+ just to find out how many hours I had on the engine.

*or at least as accurate as possible
    I recently added VVM mostly to know engine hours and fault codes with the latter being most important. The last time I had an engine fault (prior to VVM), I had to travel 90 miles just to get to a dealer that would plug in and read my fault code while I waited vs leaving my rig somewhere for x number of days. It also cost me $75 just to have the code read so I feel like the VVM is money well spent.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

2. Member
    On a 2019 Optimax XS 200 should the Oil PSI info be displayed on the Vessel View app? Currently reads 0.0 at all RPM's

Engine Serial: 2B535464
    Engine Model: 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Triton View Post
    On a 2019 Optimax XS 200 should the Oil PSI info be displayed on the Vessel View app? Currently reads 0.0 at all RPM's

Engine Serial: 2B535464
    Engine Model: 1200P73BD
    Not if its a Two Stroke motor.

4. Member
    Thank you Savage.

One would think Mercury Vessel View would deactivate features that are not offered based on the connected engine info.

Appreciate the response!

I have a 2008 250 Pro XS serial #1B521093
    My question is what exactly what data will be shown on the VVM. Like psygnal11 said above, I'm I just buying a Hr meter/ fault code reader?
    It seems that I would have to purchase a plethora of peripheral items to read actual fuel consumption (if there is such an add on item), water pressure, water coolant temp, fuel level, oil level. Those being the most important to me.
    I also assume it would be the same for VV link (connecting to my carbons) also.
    What this unit actually does is confusing for different engines. New 4 stroke XS probably does everything you need right out of the box.
    Thanks for any insite....
    2008 Triton Tr21Xhp / Merc 250pro XS
    St Croix /Abu Garcia
    Go Navy

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdevette View Post
    I have a 2008 250 Pro XS serial #1B521093
    My question is what exactly what data will be shown on the VVM. Like psygnal11 said above, I'm I just buying a Hr meter/ fault code reader?
    It seems that I would have to purchase a plethora of peripheral items to read actual fuel consumption (if there is such an add on item), water pressure, water coolant temp, fuel level, oil level. Those being the most important to me.
    I also assume it would be the same for VV link (connecting to my carbons) also.
    What this unit actually does is confusing for different engines. New 4 stroke XS probably does everything you need right out of the box.
    Thanks for any insite....
    Available data (and options) vary slightly from one engine series to another, so rather than provide what would seem very confusing to folks with other engines, this is a question that should be asked in a separate thread, specific to YOUR engine.

I think you'll be quite surprised at what yours has to offer... and just to clarify, Smartcraft Instruments (regardless of which series) are not "code readers".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Are these compatible with a 1999 optimax 200 serial # 0G944236

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos1987 View Post
    Are these compatible with a 1999 optimax 200 serial # 0G944236
    No, as your engine is not Smartcraft Compatible.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Can you view trim on VVM? I don’t have a serial number for the motor it’s on order but would be a 250 proXs 4-stroke.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    Can you view trim on VVM? I don’t have a serial number for the motor it’s on order but would be a 250 proXs 4-stroke.
    Yes. Digital trim is standard on all models of the 250 ProXS 4-Stroke.

11. Member
    thank you

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    No, as your engine is not Smartcraft Compatible.
    Don, I have a 2010 ProXS 250 SN:1B824340 is it Smartcraft Compatible? Looking for the best monitor system to add to my 2009 TR 21X3 that has no trim or rpm gauges. Not sure which system to go with.. thanks

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes sir- you can use any of the Smartcraft Systems. Before you decide what to buy, it would be a good idea to email Rhonda (see her post, pinned at the top of the Forum) for a list of available systems and special BBC member pricing.

I would also strongly recommend you let her know what you have for graphs at the console (as that may help find the best suited option for you).

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Yes sir- you can use any of the Smartcraft Systems. Before you decide what to buy, it would be a good idea to email Rhonda (see her post, pinned at the top of the Forum) for a list of available systems and special BBC member pricing.

I would also strongly recommend you let her know what you have for graphs at the console (as that may help find the best suited option for you).
    thank you for the info and yes i will email Ronda for further assistance. Thank you!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by khart View Post
    thank you for the info and yes i will email Ronda for further assistance. Thank you!
    Don, not really good at this but can give me Ronda's contact info? thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by khart View Post
    Don, not really good at this but can give me Ronda's contact info? thank you!
    All the info you need is here....

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=22574

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567