Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Vesselview Mobile Website (including Preferred Dealer Interface) is active as of February 27, 2019!

Sign up for an account from within the app, and choose your preferred dealer while logged into the website.

Your dealer can not only see maintenance information, they can also see fault information so that they may be able to better assist you.

Example: If someone has chosen European Marine as their preferred dealer, and had a warning horn occur, I should be able to log in and see information on what occurred at the time of the fault.

This can be ESPECIALLY helpful when trying to help folks with their engine problems- very happy to hear the site is up and running!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Hello

Is there only one yellow terminator/resistance cap ? I found one on my 2013 Merc 200 pro xs opti but it appears there isnt 10 pins in it?

Any help is appreciated
    Basscat P4

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MRichard2016 View Post
    Hello

Is there only one yellow terminator/resistance cap ? I found one on my 2013 Merc 200 pro xs opti but it appears there isnt 10 pins in it?

Any help is appreciated
    There are ten possible POSITIONS, but likely are only 4 pins in there. You have the correct one.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (in your OWN separate post/thread) for questions. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    If I am running and do not have my phone or the app is not open and I get some sort of warning beeps, can I then open the app and still see what warning the beep was or will I need to have the app open at all times? Seems like a great product but I do not want to have my phone out or start the app every time I start the motor.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coachmks View Post
    If I am running and do not have my phone or the app is not open and I get some sort of warning beeps, can I then open the app and still see what warning the beep was or will I need to have the app open at all times? Seems like a great product but I do not want to have my phone out or start the app every time I start the motor.

If you have the new Merc update from a few months back, it will automatically connect when you fire up with your phone put away. I think you still have to do the intial pairing on each outing, but after than that it should auto connect. Been working fine for me anyways.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

How about hooking up to the nmea2000?
    Basscat P4

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MRichard2016 View Post
    How about hooking up to the nmea2000?

The VVMobile doesn’t use NMEA, it’s Bluetooth to your phone.

9. Member
    Has anyone else had problems with the VVM app freezing on their iphone? The app updated a few weeks ago and now when I use it, I have to restart the app multiple times to get the app to actually work and not freeze. It connects to the module and then shows the idle rpms screen, but then immediately freezes and just shows the same numbers. I can't click anything and it won't go to the second screen with my water temp, which is why I use it.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, which seemed to work this weekend, but then it started freezing again. It always seems to freeze up on startup right after connecting to the module, which is when I need it the most....

Any tips or ideas to stop the app from freezing up after connecting to the module?
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with the VVM app freezing on their iphone? The app updated a few weeks ago and now when I use it, I have to restart the app multiple times to get the app to actually work and not freeze. It connects to the module and then shows the idle rpms screen, but then immediately freezes and just shows the same numbers. I can't click anything and it won't go to the second screen with my water temp, which is why I use it.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, which seemed to work this weekend, but then it started freezing again. It always seems to freeze up on startup right after connecting to the module, which is when I need it the most....

Any tips or ideas to stop the app from freezing up after connecting to the module?
    May be Operating System (IOS) related, or may be interference between module and phone. Good topic for a separate thread.

11. Member
    All,

Called Mercury Customer Service and they indicated I would need to add a terminal block at the motor to have both my Smartcraft Guage and Vessleview installed as Smartcraft is already using the required connector. Saw a post or two indicating that both can be installed, but didn't see any detail. Anyone out there have both installed? If yes, what is the recommended install? The idea of having info on my phone is appealing, but not if I have to splice in another connector at the motor to install the Vesselview module.

Thanks!

12. Member
    From Mercury,

If you already have a SmartCraft gauge and it is running off of a Blue CAN cable that is plugged into the engine, you will need to see how the gauge(s) are hooked up to the Blue CAN cable at the helm. Some gauges allow the CAN cable to plug directly in the back of the gauge. If yours is set up like this it leaves nowhere to install the VesselView Mobile unless other parts are purchased. You would need to disconnect the gauge from the CAN harness, obtain/install a junction box, obtain/install a gauge harness, and then plug the gauge/harness and VesselView into the junction box ports. If your current gauges are plugged into a junction box at the helm then you just need to plug your VesselView Mobile into an unused port on this junction box.

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akowalc1 View Post
    All,

Called Mercury Customer Service and they indicated I would need to add a terminal block at the motor to have both my Smartcraft Guage and Vessleview installed as Smartcraft is already using the required connector. Saw a post or two indicating that both can be installed, but didn't see any detail. Anyone out there have both installed? If yes, what is the recommended install? The idea of having info on my phone is appealing, but not if I have to splice in another connector at the motor to install the Vesselview module.

Thanks!
    This would not be a preferred method- as you're still going to have to have the Can-P harness running forward to the helm (one way or the other).

The J-Box really should be put at the helm, with BOTH unit at the helm. Essentially, moving the Vessel View Mobile to the HELM (which is actually preferred).

T

14. Member
    I've looked and looked and didn't see an answer but maybe I missed it. If I install the VesselView Mobile on my 2017 Mercury 250 ProXS will it show the trim on the app? My trim gauge is covered up by graphs, so this would be what I really want it for. Thanks

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    I've looked and looked and didn't see an answer but maybe I missed it. If I install the VesselView Mobile on my 2017 Mercury 250 ProXS will it show the trim on the app? My trim gauge is covered up by graphs, so this would be what I really want it for. Thanks
    Yes, IF you have a DIGITAL trim sensor installed.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Yes, IF you have a DIGITAL trim sensor installed.

I have no idea. I don't think I do though, but how could I check? Thanks

17. Member
    Look at how many wires are coming from the sensor. 3 wires means its a digital sensor.

18. Member
    2B573392. Vessel view installed and worked great until I installed a new Tuff Skinz motor cover. I think it acts to dampen the signal because now it will not work when sitting at the wheel. I need to get up andget within 2-3 feet of motor then it connects. Guess I either need to sell the Tuff Skinz or use the Vessel View with the limitations.

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Or, get a Smartcraft Network (or even an extension cable) to move that VVM outside the cowling, closer to the console.

AT the console would be your BEST option.

20. Member
    Purchased and installed VVM last weekend before heading out for a day on the water. Although I didn't have a lot of time to play around with it, these are my initial observations (please correct me if I'm wrong):

1) Even when creating an account and entering your Serial#, the maintenance task/intervals are not customized to your engine... I have a 100-hour "Oil" replacement interval, even though I have a two-stroke engine (175 ProXS) and there's no reminder for the compressor air filter.

2) Likewise with the gauges... the app doesn't disable any gauge options that aren't applicable to my engine.

3) The maintenance interval resets are stored locally on my phone (or Mercury account), not the ECM... when I download the app on my tablet and connect to the module, it doesn't show the interval resets I just performed on my other phone (unless I log into my Mercury account).

4) Likewise, fuel consumption is stored locally on my phone, i.e. in order to maintain an accurate* fuel reading, the app must be running anytime the engine is. If the app shows I have 25 gallons, and I turn off my phone for a couple hours, it will show 25 gallons the next time I start the app, irrespective of how much gas I actually burned during those couple hours.

5) The holeshot sound effects are fun; everyone on the boat enjoyed that (probably because it let them know when I was about to take off).

If I didn't have an analog tach, water pressure gauge and a speedometer, the VVM would be a welcome addition, but right now I feel like I'm either missing something or the settings aren't right because it seems like I spent $200+ just to find out how many hours I had on the engine.

*or at least as accurate as possible

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast