Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Exactly! Hopefully it would stay in Que untill you were back in wifi range. But that's above my pay grade!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Good deal, glad to hear it works then. If the app will open on a non service device then the only part that wouldn't work would be the companion website (when it's built and online).
    That is the conclusion I came up with so far but obviously it's not 100% until I get my unit installed in my engine. I will be getting the adaptor next week just as soon as European Marine opens back up on Monday. Too bad I can't play with it until my next fishing trip as my boat is out in AZ and I'm in CA.

3. Member
    Do you folks know if the VVM will work on a 2005 Optimax? I went to purchase one today from a Merc dealer. I was told this may not work unless I have the yellow "terminator" plug on my motor. I have what looks to me as the smartcraft connection, however have a grey cover instead of a yellow one.

Serial #: 1B117398

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005Triton View Post
    Do you folks know if the VVM will work on a 2005 Optimax? I went to purchase one today from a Merc dealer. I was told this may not work unless I have the yellow "terminator" plug on my motor. I have what looks to me as the smartcraft connection, however have a grey cover instead of a yellow one.

I would call Mercury tech support, with your serial number they can pull up all kinds of information about your engine and tell you what you have and whether if the grey cover means you cannot use the mobile adaptor.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005Triton View Post

Mines a 05 also and it works, but mine is a bit after yours #1B119184. Mine did have the yellow cap.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It will work- though you may also need to order a terminating resistor cap.

If ordering through Rhonda- she has PLENTY of those on hand, too.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Where do you go to see engine fault codes on the App? Do they automatically come up as they alarm real time?

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by astronomical View Post
    Where do you go to see engine fault codes on the App? Do they automatically come up as they alarm real time?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    I posted something similar in another thread but I think I should have posted here, sorry for duplicating..

I have installed the Vessel View Mobile on my 2004 200EFI 3.0L, s/n 0T995854. My Smartcraft harness did not have a yellow terminating resistor cap and did not work until I installed one (thanks Don & Rhonda!).

Now that I have it up and running, it is alerting me with 4 different codes:
    Code 131 - TPS not working
    Code 82 - Oil level sensor not working
    Code 75 - fuel level sensor not working
    Code 104 - seawater temp sensor not working (I do see a temp displayed on the App though)

While the motor is a 2004, it is virtually brand new (18 hours). It appears to be operating fine, and I have a hunch the codes might not be correct (guessing Smartcraft might have been upgraded since 2004). Am I correct, or do I really have some bad codes? If my Smartcraft system is outdated, is there anything I can to fix it?

I guess I should note that the motor max RPM is about 5200, and I am confident my set-up should let me get to at least 5700....I am still learning to drive this Triton TR196, so I figured this might be just me, but it's got me thinking about the TPS code 131, maybe its an accurate code and is limiting WOT?

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Rich

10. Member
    Have the codes cleared.......run the boat for a while, then check for codes.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Have the codes cleared.......run the boat for a while, then check for codes.
    Good idea. I assume you are talking about clearing codes from the computer. Is there a way that I can do this myself, or do I need to take it somewhere? I think the vessel view mobile has something that lets me "ignore" the codes.... I wasn't sure if this is a "one time ignore", or if it would never show this again. I am guessing this is not actually clearing any codes, but am not sure.

12. Member
    Dealer is the only one that can clear old codes.

13. Member
    Installed vessel view mobile with new powerhead this past weekend and I'm not seeing engine hours. Also some faults occur when I start it on the muffs and when I click on the faults it says must login to view them. I am logged in when this happens though.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig556 View Post
    Installed vessel view mobile with new powerhead this past weekend and I'm not seeing engine hours. Also some faults occur when I start it on the muffs and when I click on the faults it says must login to view them. I am logged in when this happens though.
    Please open a separate thread for this question, and provide the required engine information. Thanks!

15. Member
    Has anyone found the companion website?
    2019 Nitro Z20 Pro
    2019 Mercury 250hp V8 ProXS 4S
    Navy Veteran 1982 - 2008

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtstringer View Post
    Has anyone found the companion website?
    Appears to be vaporware at this point.

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Companion website has not yet gone live, as I understand it.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Companion website has not yet gone live, as I understand it.
    Any update on the website? It's been 4 months.

Thanks Don for all you guys do to keep us straight.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No new updates as of this time.

20. Member
    Price

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast