Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Not sure if i want mercmonitor, vesselview link or this. Help!
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerchaser View Post
    Not sure if i want mercmonitor, vesselview link or this. Help!
    See Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the forum)- if you send her an email, she will be happy to assist you with information that will likely help in the decision.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    On another front: An email response from Mercury stated that there is no plan to do anything beyond the mobile version. WTH? The description specifically talks about a website and dealer connectivity. I hope the person responding was just uninformed.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That is PART OF the Mobile App. Should already be available to you.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    That is PART OF the Mobile App. Should already be available to you.
    I'm referring to the "companion website" they refer to in the linked video.

6. Member
    I have called mercury customer service several times asking about the companion website for the vessel view mobile system. As of today, the answer was "we have not been given a date when the website will be up and running, I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you".

Other than the slow rollout of the website, I think the vessel view mobile setup is fantastic.
    David Patten
    Automotive and marine technician.

7. Member
    I ordered the vvm
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

[QUOTE=EuropeanAM

Real-time temperature (and real-time engine data parameters).[/QUOTE]

so what all is engine data parameters? Throttle %? Temp? Faults? Air fuel ratio? Gallons per hour?

9. Member
    No "throttle%"
    No "air fuel ratio"

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The following link depicts the data available (standard) for various engines:

Engine Features & Data

11. Banned
    Mr. Weed, (or if Savage knows) I bought one of these from you guys and I have 2 quick questions please. You said the phone needed to have active service, is that just for the companion website or is it required to work? (I have an old phone that I no longer use and am wondering if it'll work "good enough").

Is there a way to pull up the hours ran at rpm's on this or is that just on the dealerships computers?

Thank you and just in case (1B119184 opti pro xs 225)

12. Member
    The Old Phone Service would need to be ACTIVE for the system to work.
    I don't think you will see hours at each RPM window, Like the Dealer can.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post

thanks for the confirmation.

14. Member
    Thank you to Rhonda. Mine arrived Tuesday and I finally had the time to install last night. I have zero mechanical abilities and only took me about 10 minutes, of which 4 was watching the installation video twice. Hardest part is finding a place to zip tie the thing. Finally found a piece of plastic tubing that was already zip tied up, had enough room to clear the cowling, and was wide enough to fit the module. Connected right up to the app first time. Input the motor serial number and I'm in business.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Mr. Weed, (or if Savage knows) I bought one of these from you guys and I have 2 quick questions please. You said the phone needed to have active service, is that just for the companion website or is it required to work? (I have an old phone that I no longer use and am wondering if it'll work "good enough").

Is there a way to pull up the hours ran at rpm's on this or is that just on the dealerships computers?

Thank you and just in case (1B119184 opti pro xs 225)

I think the phone does NOT need an active mobile service plan on it for it to work with the Vesselview Mobile module. All the phone should need is to have a wifi connection so it can connect to google play store to get the app.

Of course it has to have a working BT module which most all not-too-ancient phone will have.

It should not need an active Mobile Data plan for it to work because not all fishing location ( I wish) will have mobile network coverage making mobile data irrelevant.

Most likely the store data will be synced/upload to the mobile website (coming soon I hope) when a data connection is available, wifi or otherwise.

If you guys have hard facts otherwise please share.

Thanks

16. Banned
    I'm thinking maybe Savage is right with the needed service. Sometimes if I'm in a subpar area and try to open the merc app, it struggles to open up. Once I get it to open, it will connect, just getting it open can be the issue.

My thoughts on it after using it a few times... I was trying to save money and thought this was it, not so much. I'll be selling mine and buying the link package because every time you turn the motor off it disconnects and then you have to reconnect it upon every startup. For some reason that never crossed my mind that it would do that, makes sense now to me though. I'm not that tech savvy and didn't realize that it'd disconnect.

[QUOTE=grout-scout;8220086]Mr. Weed, (or if Savage knows) I bought one of these from you guys and I have 2 quick questions please. You said the phone needed to have active service, is that just for the companion website or is it required to work? (I have an old phone that I no longer use and am wondering if it'll work "good enough").]

Has anyone been able to verify this? About to order one from Don this week.
    I too have an old i5 phone that is not active that i thought about using for this. Or, when I lose cell signal with my active phone 20+ miles offshore I would have lost connectivity as well?
    Like to know this before i pull the trigger or need to upgrade to the next level to overlay on my Simrad GO7. The VVM just seems so simple to install and have.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I'm thinking maybe Savage is right with the needed service. Sometimes if I'm in a subpar area and try to open the merc app, it struggles to open up. Once I get it to open, it will connect, just getting it open can be the issue.

My thoughts on it after using it a few times... I was trying to save money and thought this was it, not so much. I'll be selling mine and buying the link package because every time you turn the motor off it disconnects and then you have to reconnect it upon every startup. For some reason that never crossed my mind that it would do that, makes sense now to me though. I'm not that tech savvy and didn't realize that it'd disconnect.
    I tried just that before I posted my original reply.

I disabled both wifi and mobile data on my phone and the app started up normally, did not take more time or exhibit any abnormal behavior.

I can't imagine Mercury or anyone for that matter will create an app like this and require a mobile data plan for it to operate.

I know! That would eliminate anyone with a non-cellular iPad (which I've considered as well) or iPod that would be interested in the vvm! Doesn't make good business sense to me, unless they are trying to toss you to the next level! It would make sense to me that the 2 devices being used would communicate with one another as long as they were in range with each other. I could be wrong!

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gigahertz View Post
    I tried just that before I posted my original reply.

I disabled both wifi and mobile data on my phone and the app started up normally, did not take more time or exhibit any abnormal behavior.

I can't imagine Mercury or anyone for that matter will create an app like this and require a mobile data plan for it to operate.
    Good deal, glad to hear it works then. If the app will open on a non service device then the only part that wouldn't work would be the companion website (when it's built and online).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast